Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Khan Beats Canelo Is He Number 1 In 3 Divisions Simultaneously?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If khan beats Canelo it says more about Canelo than it does khan.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
        No, he gets the #1 ranking at Caneloweight. That's it. One of the rules of Caneloweight is you don't speak outside of Caneloweight. So I can't weight in on anything other than 155.
        I thought you might say something like that. But then you have to apply same logic to any catchweight fight. The thing about Canelo's 155 catchweight fights so far is that they haven't really adversely affected his opponents, it hasn't put them at a serious disadvantage because they haven't been weight-drained, as Canelo was weight-drained at the 152 catchweight against Floyd. Maybe I should do a separate thread about this because lots of people don't seem to quite grasp it yet.

All it's done is help Canelo make weight easier, but it hasn't weakened his opponents necessarily because they were previously all fighting at 154. Obviously against GGG a 155 catchweight would be the first time that Canelo would be fighting a weight-drained middleweight, if that ever happened. Against Khan, he's jumping up from 147, so whether the fight was at 154, 155, 160, it's still Khan jumping up from a lower division so there's that natural weight disadvantage regardless of whether the weight is precisely respected according to each ascending division.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          I thought you might say something like that. But then you have to apply same logic to any catchweight fight. The thing about Canelo's 155 catchweight fights so far is that they haven't really adversely affected his opponents, it hasn't put them at a serious disadvantage because they haven't been weight-drained, as Canelo was weight-drained at the 152 catchweight against Floyd. Maybe I should do a separate thread about this because lots of people don't seem to quite grasp it yet.

All it's done is help Canelo make weight easier, but it hasn't weakened his opponents necessarily because they were previously all fighting at 154. Obviously against GGG a 155 catchweight would be the first time that Canelo would be fighting a weight-drained middleweight, if that ever happened. Against Khan, he's jumping up from 147, so whether the fight was at 154, 155, 160, it's still Khan jumping up from a lower division so there's that natural weight disadvantage regardless of whether the weight is precisely respected according to each ascending division.
          I'm not applying any logic at all. I'm joking around while you are taking it serious. Khan hasn't been the number 1 fighter at any weight since 140 and that was short lived. He isn't going to be the #1 fighter at any other weight either. Not because he doesn't have the talent(because he does have that), but because he isn't going to beat the top guys from 147-160. You are living in a fantasy man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            I'm not applying any logic at all. I'm joking around while you are taking it serious. Khan hasn't been the number 1 fighter at any weight since 140 and that was short lived. He isn't going to be the #1 fighter at any other weight either. Not because he doesn't have the talent(because he does have that), but because he isn't going to beat the top guys from 147-160. You are living in a fantasy man.
            Khan hasn't achieved the number one spot at 147 because Mayweather avoided him multiple times over the course of 2 years. He knew there was a high probability he could lose that fight so he swerved it.

Pacquiao recently avoided him. Bradley, Marquez both avoided. You can't become the best if the perceived best fighters keep avoiding you. If Khan fought and beat those guys (which he would have), then what you call my "fantasy" would be everyone's actual "reality." But you can't force these guys to fight, can't stop them from running, so we're stuck with these back and forth hypotheticals for the time being.

Comment

How can he be #1 at 147,154, and 160 when he didn't fight the #1 fighter in any of those weight classes?

Comment

He's a Modern Day Henry Armstrong!!!

Comment

For sure not #1 at 147 or 154 (where he's never had a fight at). I guess you could argue he'd be #1 at 160, although personally I consider GGG #1 there & if Canelo loses to Khan I think there is an argument Canelo wasn't as good as people thought more than Khan was better than people thought. I think Khan's capabilities have largely been defined with his resume & everything says he should lose to Canelo...unless Canelo's ceiling isn't as high as people think.

Comment

No, not even 1. Maybe 155, but that's not a division.

Is Khan the number 1 at welterweight (147) now? No.
                    Superwelterweight (154)? No.

Is Canelo the REAL middleweight champion? No, he isn't. He's a guy with his own division, who is avoiding the REAL champion, for whatever reason. I don't buy weight excuses. Maybe too big of a challenge.

As a former Canelo fan, I really wanted him to take that challenge at the full middleweight limit. I'm one of those who thinks Canelo can win. He doesn't agree with me! Oh well...

Anyway, Khan isn't gonna get ranked so high because he claims good/great fighters are avoiding him-- they are scared of him. That's not how things work in real life.

I was rooting for him when he fought Algieri, but thought Algieri won that fight. Algieri isn't so enticing for those great fighters (no disrespect to Algieri, of course).

You create hate for Khan by making these outlandish threads.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 02-14-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

He Will be the no. 1 at the 155 latino *****weight division.

Comment

Working...
                      X