Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Tommy Hearns a Welterweight in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    tommy would injure many if he fought 147 today. tommy was very young when he was 147, naturally mature men will gain muscle and strength and with that comes the weight.

growing up right out side of the Detroit city limits I grew up watching these guys fight on there ways up. Kronk night at the fights with mccrory, Goodwin, kenty, hearns, super bad, ....

anyway, hearns was a nightmare for just about any welterweight ever. Sure hearns may not make it out of acouple bouts, but chances are neither will his opponents................ Rockin'
    Dope post, I woulda loved to have been around in that time lol

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
      I think he would spark out everyone at 147 today, too big, too strong. Mayweather is fighting the likes of Guerrero, Hearns fought SRL/Hagler/Duran.
      In those days fighters are not threatened by size. Nobody ducked Hearns.

Today so-called stars would rather fight their own size or small fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post

at ww hearns was a terror, many solid fighters wanted no piece of that man.........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post

what guys are you reffering to because that doesnt really make sense to me

Comment

He was a slim guy and made the weight easily.

Comment

Working...
            X