Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd thinks he is a PPV draw............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post

I didn't bother to read the text in your post, but that video was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
      but is he really? Three fighters come to mind as some of his highest earning PPV's: Hatton, ODLH, & Cotto. Not saying he can't draw, but I think he is full of himself and reality will hit him when he fights for 2nd rate Showtime and doesn't draw such high numbers as before. I for one am disappointed in the network switch as well, but as long as he fights more often I can't complain.

Yeah, he's not a PPV draw, that's why he just got the biggest network deal in boxing history, because it's his opponents who sell his PPV's. Another intellectually dishonest bscene losing thread from a complete loser. Well done you short bus riding ****.

Comment

Of course he is, who else can fight Victor Ortiz and do over a Million PPV's?

Oscar, Hatton, Ortiz, Mosley, Cotto all did their biggest numbers when they fought Mayweather, that's no coincidence. Marquez hadn't done 1 million until he fought Mayweather either.

He's obviously a PPV draw.

Comment

This website needs to be changed to "discreditscene.com" smh

Comment

Whoever says he's not a ppv draw is delusional...

Now the reason he is, it's because he's hated by casual fans and thats nothing new, don't believe me? go find a positive comment on his yahoo article today, not saying there isn't one, but you'll have to dig deep to find it.

Social media and todays time is different than DLH and tyson... those were real draws. People paid to see DLH because he was liked, tyson as well and even though he did many many things throughout his career to be hated by fans he never got the backlash that mayweather does.

Floyd gets the numbers cuz people are paying hoping to see him lose or get ktfo, period. He has been winning so, thats why he keeps getting the high numbers, people are paying for the next, next next, fight hoping the same thing.

Comment

Can a person honestly and logically say that they think someone is full of themaelves when they draw the largest numbers in recent ppv history repeatedly? Who else is doing a million buys besides pacquaio? These guys are the definition of pay per view...without a Paquaio or Mayweather name tacked onto that poster, you won't even do b.hop 350k numbers...
              Last edited by screwhead1; 02-22-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Floyd is a PPV draw but he wasn't the draw Oscar ever was.

Comment

As of right now here are the top 5 PPV draws in the sport of boxing:

1) Manny Pacquiao - He brings the entire Filipino fanbase and gives great exciting fights and doesn't hold back.

2) Floyd Mayweather - The whole Black community supports him and he has lots of haters who want to see him lose.

3) Juan Manuel Marquez - By fighting Pacquiao 4 times he's become popular and is the most popular fighter in the Mexican fanbase.

4) Saul Alvarez - Mexicans like him because he's full white and they look up to people with white skin and caucasian features.

5) Nonito Donaire - His popularity is booming right now and the whole Filipino fanbase is starting to get behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Floyd is a PPV draw but he wasn't the draw Oscar ever was.
                    PPV wise....you could argue he is, maybe even more so than Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      Son how about someone answer this simple question. Then who the **** is?

dudes crack me up with the "Floyd aint a draw" propaganda....so he's getting paid all that money for nothing?!?...smh....Oscar fought on PPV many times before he fought Floyd...but the one that bust the roof was the PPV he did with Floyd....nobody in my circle besides myself really knew Ricky Hatton before Floyd beat him...don't know whats the numbers on that PPV but I was at a fight party where dudes(nut ass casuals) didn't even know who Hatton was, but they still kicked out for the PPV because they knew Floyd

I can recall many times dudes(clown ass casuals) hitting me up not knowing anything about Floyd's opponents but still bought the PPV

Comment

Working...
                      X