No announcement yet.

Keith kizer says change may be coming for nsac drug-testing policies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
    They have removed out of competition testing this year....so yeah, testing is a lot worse now.

Kizer is just doing some PR for the NSAC, he couldn't be bothered to do anything serious.
    Thats exactly what i thought..

Comment

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content9634.html

Comment

All you need to do is read the comment section from that article and you would see "Why cant the writer go to the commission" lol, When you have nothing to say to a well written article you sure can pull the "go to the commission" quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          All you need to do is read the comment section from that article and you would see "Why cant the writer go to the commission" lol, When you have nothing to say to a well written article you sure can pull the "go to the commission" quote.
          LOL, so true Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
            They don't watch these guys piss for the test? I remember in college when they did the drug testing, they had NCAA officials with us in the restroom to make sure it was OUR urine going into the cup. It was pretty uncomfortable I might add.
            Yes that is exactly how all of my drug tests were taken

The guy just stares at you taking a piss, prettymuch right at your dick

Comment

expect to hear manny retiring after fight with mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
                LOL. Not necessarily staring at it, but watching you, if you know what I mean.
                Good thing you've never been on probation.

Comment

Originally posted by J-A-D-AKISS View Post
                  http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content9629.html

According to Executive Director Keith Kizer, the drug-testing policies of the Nevada State Athletic Commission might be forced to change in the very near future. The revelation comes on the heels of the discovery that UFC light heavyweight contender Thiago Silva submitted a fake urine sample following his victory over Brandon Vera at UFC 125 this past January. A complaint filed by NSAC alleges that Silva submitted "an adulterated and/or substituted urine specimen" and that it "is inconsistent with human urine."

"I we think might have to take it a step further," Kizer would tell MMAjunkie.com when questioned about the case. It's the second time in the past 5 years that a fighter has been caught trying to submit a fake urine sample. The first time happened back in 2006, when former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman did it prior his bout with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at PRIDE 32. Although Randleman's deception was eventually discovered, it wasn't until after the bout had already taken place. "We might get fooled, so we've got to be very vigilant on that," Kizer added. "It might be a situation where inspectors have to go really close and look."

Ultimately, Silva's victory over Vera will be changed to a no-contest and the Nevada State Athletic Commission will no doubt issue him some type of suspension and fine, but the more question is what will they do to ensure something like this doesn't continue to happen in the future? Is it time for the Nevada State Atheletic Commission to make serious changes to their drug-testing policies in order to protect fighters before their fights actually take place? Considering that Vera received a severely broken nose, as well as his release from the UFC, following the loss to Silva, I would say yes!

It's easy to fake a urine test. I know guys in the mining industry in the past who just get a friend to piss in a condom or a test tube (as they know they are going to be tested the morning of or an hour earlier) and they tie it to their belt buckle and their shirt is over the top. Step into the bathroom, guy waits outside, prick the condom with a needle and presto, CLEAN PISS....or just open the tube, piss into the bowl and pour clean urine into the cup.

What they've started doing is watching you piss now......no more privacy. The same way a USADA rep will follow you into the bathroom and watch you the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                    Really, so they were lookin gat your dick?
                    I ask only cause I know people who have beaten drug tests with someone else's urine nutted and while someone else was in the room.

I've taken drug tests, with a male dr. near the door, but not watching me piss and i imagine you can still get away with that.

The last time a friend of mine had one for his job (very recently), the guy supervising was staring straight at his dick. Mightily uncomfortable he said.

I had a urine test about six years ago as a teenager when working in the mining industry briefly on break from university (i worked on site for 2 months). The whole site knew the testers were coming the night before, also they didn't watch. They just stood outside the bathroom whilst i pissed in the cup with the door closed. Easy to beat, hence they now enter the bathroom with you most of the time.

Comment

The NSAC is the best commission in boxing, yet they are completely incompetent with regard to the PED issue. They don't even test for everything and they do unprofessional crap like this????

You know they've got a positive ODLH sample somewhere don't you......that would never get out. Killing the golden goose of the whole industry......HELL NO. The reason things like this happen is because the NSAC is not independent from the process.

Comment

Working...
                      X