Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Style wise could Khan vs Floyd be like JMM vs Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Style wise could Khan vs Floyd be like JMM vs Pac?

A lot of people are focused on "speed" this and "speed" that. But i think those who appreciate the sweet science understand that TIMING beats speed every single time. Pac was both faster and had better movement than Marquez, but the mexican counter puncher had the smarts and the intelligence to keep punishing him every time Manny jumped in.

Khan's style is similar to Manny's is it not? jump in and land a combination, and then get out again. The thing we know FOR SURE is that every single Mayweather opponent's output gets lower against him, couple that with the fact that Khan DOES get hit often then what would stop this particular fight being similar to JMM vs Pac? a technical fighter beating the speedier guy to the punch!!..

The bottom line is even if we ignore Khan's weakness on the inside and against left-hooks...would he still be effective if his punch output is significantly lowered due to Floyd's counters?

Floyd's seen speed before (prime Judah don't get much faster) but Khan has NEVER stood infront of a technical master like Floyd before...we can all imagine what might happen if such a fight takes place, but 1+1 doesn't always make 2. Floyd has the ability to adapt...the same cannot be said about Khan and if you discourage him from throwing combo's it's pretty much game over.

Manny won two fights and knocked JMM down a total of 4 times and should really have won 3 if the first fight was scored properly.

Si I'm not sure if timing beats speed every time but it's a great tool to have and it's a great style clash.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      Manny won two fights and knocked JMM down a total of 4 times and should really have won 3 if the first fight was scored properly.

Si I'm not sure if timing beats speed every time but it's a great tool to have and it's a great style clash.
      Lol if we are scoring fights properly in this series then Marquez is 3-1, 2-2 at worst. Manny only has a case for the 1st two fights. Marquez could have easily won the first fight and was robbed the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post

Come on man...we all know Manny didn't win the second or third fights...infact the third fight was a complete robbery if i ever saw one. The point is JMM never had anywhere near Pac's speed but managed to negate it with timing....Floyd could easily do the same to Khan imo.

Floyd has a number of ways that he could win the fight (if countering doesn't work then backing up Amir like Peterson is another option)...Khan has one i.e hit and run. With those odds Floyd shouldn't be concerned about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by $BloodyNate$ View Post
          Lol if we are scoring fights properly in this series then Marquez is 3-1, 2-2 at worst. Manny only has a case for the 1st two fights. Marquez could have easily won the first fight and was robbed the 3rd.
          I agree, I think JMM won the 3rd fight and personally I have it 2-2 but if there is anyone who should feel aggrieved about the results of the fights, its Pacquiao...if only a judge knew the difference between 6 and 7 smh.

But my point was, at no point did JMMs style have it easy against Mannys speed and aggression and it reflect their style clash, as does Khan v Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Silky-Flow View Post
            Come on man...we all know Manny didn't win the second or third fights...infact the third fight was a complete robbery if i ever saw one. The point is JMM never had anywhere near Pac's speed but managed to negate it with timing....Floyd could easily do the same to Khan imo.

Floyd has a number of ways that he could win the fight (if countering doesn't work then backing up Amir like Peterson is another option)...Khan has one i.e hit and run. With those odds Floyd shouldn't be concerned about this fight.
            Looks like you already have the answers to your question 'cos other people's opinion or at least insight that doesn't favor Floyd is unpopular with you. Why bother opening a thread then? You are basically giving Khan no shot but yet you open a thread as if you are curious what will happen in that fight. SMH..with all you Floyd fan boys. Have you ever heard, Styles makes fight. Am not even a Khan fan but from what I see from Khan yesterday, he is a live dog against any welterweight. His downfall was jumping in and staying in the pocket for too long and I see him did much less of that yesterday. His trouble is with bangers who can punch with him and we certainly Floyd isn't that. I 'll favor Floyd a bit not based on anything but just experience and maybe adaptability but Khan's flurries is guaranteed to win him some rounds and if he can stay disciplined for 12 rounds, he has a good shot at it.

Comment

Working...
            X