No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Devon Alexander Pounds Lee Purdy For TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Devon Alexander Pounds Lee Purdy For TKO

Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City - IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander (25-1, 13 KOs) kept his title and streak going with a seventh round TKO over Lee Purdy (20-4-1, 13 KOs). Purdy took a beating for most of the fight, as Alexander unloaded with both hands. The gutsy British boxer was unable to come out for the eight round when his corner made a decision, led by middleweight contender Darren Barker, to pull him out.

[Click Here To Read More]

I never like to put a guy down but Purdy had no business in there with Alaxander. His punching looked awful, like a guy off the street.

Comment

so is it alexander vs khan? or is khan going to wait for the mathysse vs garcia winner?

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
        I never like to put a guy down but Purdy had no business in there with Alaxander. His punching looked awful, like a guy off the street.
        Agreed!
        What pissed me off most is he looks like he can punch fairly hard but wasn't willing to commit to a sustained pressurised attack on Devon...
        Which for the life of me WHY!?"?"

Alexander hurt his hand what Purdy SHOULD of look to of done is turn the fight into a all out war, forget the hiding behind the defensive style of trying to counter (Was never going to work) throw down with Alexander, surely Purdy had plenty left in his tank...
        Very frustrating, I blame Darren Barker aswell for him not telling Purdy what he needs to do, he was never going to out box Alexander so why try it?

Then Barker has the nerve to say he was doing what was best for Purdy what he should of been doing was giving his fighter an idea on what to do!

For the record I still think Purdy would of lost with the right gameplan but it annoys me when someone gets a big chance like that and they don't even look to try and take it, he was basically a punching bag for Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
          Pretty much is.

He shouldn't even be at euro level nevermind world. Alexander didn't do anything to hurt Purdy or even trouble him, the corner just stopped it because he wasn't doing anything and, quite frankly, nobody wanted to see it. Alexander is boring enough as it is, nevermind against a dud.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
            so is it alexander vs khan? or is khan going to wait for the mathysse vs garcia winner?
            It should be the winner of Carson Jones vs Kell Brook in my opinion...

Both should of been licking there lips at that display, I think Kell Brook may be capable of beating Devon.

Comment

Alexander was 3 leagues above Purdy despite only having one hand in there! Thought the stoppage was poor from Barker though personally

Comment

That's about as bad as an action fight gets. Purdy fought as bad as a fighter can.

Comment

Purdy fuc ked his own career with that fight. No way he can get another big fight after his pathetic performance yesterday. He can still fight in Europe at least.

Comment

How didn't the commentators realise that it wasn't Tony Sims but in fact Darren Barker in Purdy's corner?

Comment

Working...
                    X