Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin To Sturm: You Can Get a Title Shot Right Away

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless fight, Sturm has lost 2 fights in a row. GGG needs to go after a top guy. With that said though, I actually think Sturm would be able to beat him lol. He won't take the fight though. LOL @ people making GGG seem like some vicious killer in the ring. CALM DOWN

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      I guess GGG wants to become more popular in germany. There is no other reason for him to want this fight. But Sturm is in desperate need of an belt or he will not be shown in TV anymore. So maybe he HAS to take this "chance".
      Of course Golovkin would knock him out. At least one last payday for Sturm.
      For 50%, he could easily get a Geale rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
        Sturm ducked ggg for years

This is ggg attempt to beat his ass for it.

Do some research.

It's called revenge. Has nothing to do with anything else
        It's not just a duck. There was a point when Golovkin signed with universum (major force at that time) he was treated very bad - in the way that he wasn't given any meaningful fights - they kept him in the shadow in order for their (at that time) star Felix could shine without danger of being beaten into the hospital. All in all Golovkin says that he lost two years on sidelines because of Sturm. Than Felix wasavoiding him (his mandatory) for over two years while continually saying that Golovkin is nobody and he (Sturm) is a superstar.
        Gennady is very friendly and respectful guy - very open. If there's one guy he dislikes personaly that is Sturm. This fight doesn't make much sense in sporting means now (with two defeats in a raw).

Amayseng is absolutely right - this is no business. It's personal.
        Last edited by TudorMiron; 02-05-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Sturm should retire. He is not half the fighter he used to be. He looked very bad in the last fight. In his prime it would be more competitive fight, but still GGG would stop him.

I can't blame Strum for not taking this fight. He knows he doesn't have a chance, he is coming from 2 defeats and he is not champion anymore. Fighting GGG at this point would end his career and would put it to bum level. He should fight 2-3 more fights (tops) if he doesn't want to go on a defeat. Possible rematch Geale, that's it. GGG is on the other level.

Comment

make it happen, golovkin is on the roll right now and might just eat strum for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
              I guess GGG wants to become more popular in germany. There is no other reason for him to want this fight. But Sturm is in desperate need of an belt or he will not be shown in TV anymore. So maybe he HAS to take this "chance".
              Of course Golovkin would knock him out. At least one last payday for Sturm.
              No one else will fight him. Golovkin is middleweight Matthysse, they don't want anything to do with him.

Comment

Originally posted by TudorMiron View Post
                It's not just a duck. There was a point when Golovkin signed with universum (major force at that time) he was treated very bad - in the way that he wasn't given any meaningful fights - they kept him in the shadow in order for their (at that time) star Felix could shine without danger of being beaten into the hospital. All in all Golovkin says that he lost two years on sidelines because of Sturm. Than Felix wasavoiding him (his mandatory) for over two years while continually saying that Golovkin is nobody and he (Sturm) is a superstar.
                Gennady is very friendly and respectful guy - very open. If there's one guy he dislikes personaly that is Sturm. This fight doesn't make much sense in sporting means now (with two defeats in a raw).

Amayseng is absolutely right - this is no business. It's personal.
                You just sold the fight to me, I only knew a little of that story. 2 losses in a row for Sturm or not, I want to see GGG in that setting now. Sounds like it's a great feeling to be able to call a bluff like this now that he's champ, too bad Sturm has the excuse that he's aging now.

Comment

Sturm doesn't want to fight you, Gennady.

Comment

Working...
                  X