No announcement yet.

Eminem Vs Big L

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    Big L is overrated as hell. He was great at freestyles but that was about it. He's a perfect example of a mother****er nobody knew anything about until the hipsters of the hip hop community dug his ass up and proclaimed him the GOAT.
    LOL are you kidding me?

Anyone who followed Hip-Hop in the 90's knew who Big L was man.

If anything he's one of the most underrated lyricists of all time. His wordplay is unreal.

Em gets far too much hate too imo just because he's "the white boy". **** his commercial garbage and scrap Encore and a few songs here and there and Em is one of the dopest dudes to ever grace the mic.

He rhymes words that shouldn't even be allowed to rhyme. To me he's just lost that bit of fire and content that made him so dope and relatable when he first came out. Now he's kind of "told his story" he just kinda spits. He can be corny at times but his flow and rhyming is still up their with the very best.

With that said though, Em's music isn't timeless and it won't really age well in the years to come to most.

Now someone like a Joe Budden. That dude's music is timeless.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      LOL are you kidding me?

Anyone who followed Hip-Hop in the 90's knew who Big L was man.

If anything he's one of the most underrated lyricists of all time. His wordplay is unreal.

Em gets far too much hate too imo just because he's "the white boy". **** his commercial garbage and scrap Encore and a few songs here and there and Em is one of the dopest dudes to ever grace the mic.

He rhymes words that shouldn't even be allowed to rhyme. To me he's just lost that bit of fire and content that made him so dope and relatable when he first came out. Now he's kind of "told his story" he just kinda spits. He can be corny at times but his flow and rhyming is still up their with the very best.

With that said though, Em's music isn't timeless and it won't really age well in the years to come to most.

Now someone like a Joe Budden. That dude's music is timeless.
      very well said. aside from Budden...mainly because i haven't gotten around to check him out extensively.

Comment

• Step your hip-hop game up, Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          Step your hip-hop game up, Tim.

i'm stuck in the 90's. i am just starting to dig my way out.

Comment

• Originally posted by pturtle View Post
            How that silly? Reasonable Doubt is usually in most hardcore fans top 5, have you heard that album? The content, production, jay’s verses, everything on that album is perfect
            Uh, you listed more than one album.

And I don't really care about "hardcore fans" lists. It's much like a "P4P" list in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timmy Ho View Post
              very well said. aside from Budden...mainly because i haven't gotten around to check him out extensively.
              I'd recommend Mood Muzik 2 from Budden. Classic stuff IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                Uh, you listed more than one album.

And I don't really care about "hardcore fans" lists. It's much like a "P4P" list in boxing.
                blueprint is another classic, and american gangster is the last time jay was really on his game, I think people over look Jay because they hate how successful he is

Comment

• Big L is just so much nicer to listen to. Grimey yet smooth. Very easy to the ears.

With Eminem, you can only listen to his **** so many times until you realize how ****ing annoying his voice and music is.

Em is like a great movie you only want to watch once. Big L is a classic film with high a high rewatchability factor.
                  Last edited by The Tase; 01-18-2013, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                    blueprint is another classic, and american gangster is the last time jay was really on his game, I think people over look Jay because they hate how successful he is
                    Nobody cares about how successful he is but he is overrated.

I don't mind the status of a guy like 50 cent because nobody confuses his success with his talent . Not that i'm comparing Jay to 50 Cent talentwise, but my point is that a real Hip Hop fan who's a non hater doesn't care about how much money you have, however they do care if something/someone get's more hype than it deserves. It's about keeping the artistic record straight.

American Gangster was overrated and not on the level of Reasonable Doubt. But hey it was a different time and the standard was lower. Jay was trying to compete with Biggie in the 90's when RD was put out there..
                    Last edited by res; 01-18-2013, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Joe Budden, timeless? Lol

And you dudes are supposed to 'know' your hip hop.

Comment

Working...
                      X