No announcement yet.

Calzaghe was a rare jewel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calzaghe was a rare jewel

I honestly dont see any fighter 168 beating him past present or future. Ward is a decent talent, but there is no way he could keep up with Joe''s workrate, or land enough punches to win rounds.

Roy would have the best shot because of his power but Joe is an even more focused fighter coming off the canvas.

If a 45yr old B-Hop can slow his workrate right down and barely get hit with a punch then I'm sure Ward can too. Lets not forget his gift over Reid either.

Roy lol, prime Roy puts Calslappy in intensive care.

Comment

Originally posted by joeyzagz View Post
      i honestly dont see any fighter 168 beating him past present or future. Ward is a decent talent, but there is no way he could keep up with joe''s workrate, or land enough punches to win rounds.

Roy would have the best shot because of his power but joe is an even more focused fighter coming off the canvas.
      over rated!!!

Comment

Rare jewel indeed. Up there with other gems like Sven Ottke and Chris John. The rarest of all boxing jewelry!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          If a 45yr old B-Hop can slow his workrate right down and barely get hit with a punch then I'm sure Ward can too. Lets not forget his gift over Reid either.

Calzaghe threw 700+ punches to B-Hop's 468, Calzaghe also landed at a higher rate. JC even had time to simulate buggery on the executioner amongst the festivities, so no, I personally don't think he was particularly slowed down (Cortez allowing 'Hop to hang on and fake low-blows was the only thing that slowed him down).

Regarding Ward, much depends on the reffing. Forced to fight on the outside, I think Calzaghe is the superior pure boxer. If Ward has license to maul on the inside, then he probably takes it over 12.
          Last edited by Weebler I; 12-21-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

We always hope that fighters like that are rare.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

You write decent posts when you're not nuthugging Rigondeaux.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  , Calzaghe also landed at a higher rate.
                  if by "land" you mean "miss" then i agree.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov

Calzaghe jumped up to 175 vs hopkins. Plus it was a messy fight.

168 is another story.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X