Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Mayweather ever win a Middleweight title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    You realize that DLH came in as a SMW on fight night right?
    You do realize that most SMWs come in pushing 180 on fight night, right?

Comment

honeslty, i belive floyd beats even sergio pretty easily at 160 but the problem is i dont think he has the mentality to take such big step....

so no...

Comment

If there's a very weak champion he might. IMO he won't beat Pirog or Chavez, those guys are too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          You do realize that most SMWs come in pushing 180 on fight night, right?
          It really doesn't matter. Floyd came in at 150 to face DLH for a jrMW title. DLH came in at nearly 170+lbs on fight night.

The point had to do with the disparity in weight that Mayweather faced in terms of whether the DLH fight was an indication of how well Floyd would do at 160, not what the typical fight night weigh-in is for SMWs.

Keep in context and show a little comprehension.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
            It really doesn't matter.
            Of course it matters when you're spouting nonsense, like OMFG Floyd fought a SMW! Floyd doesn't like to drain himself and hasn't since the Chavez fight. Draining yourself 10 to 15 pounds (negatively) affects your performance the next day (and your overall health over time.) To claim otherwise shows callowness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              If there's a very weak champion he might. IMO he won't beat Pirog or Chavez, those guys are too big.
              I think he will beat Sergio, I just hope he doesn't "win" the MW title at 154 lbs. That would be bull****. If he fights for the MW title the champ, whoever it is, the fight should be at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                I think he will beat Sergio, I just hope he doesn't "win" the MW title at 154 lbs. That would be bull****. If he fights for the MW title the champ, whoever it is, the fight should be at 160.
                At least you believe it. However if Floyd himself believed that, I'm pretty sure the fight would be happening anywhere between 154-160. Now that Martinez said he going back to 154, just watch as Floyd imediately dips back to 147.

Comment

Originally posted by THE S0UL TAKER View Post
                  not happening. dont forget Floyd only fought once at junior middleweight and he only did that cause his opponent was no real junior middleweight himself (de la Hoya).
                  the middleweight champs are all pretty good (Pirog,Martinez...) so no way will you see Floyd fighting at that weight. He also wouldnt fight Chavez who would be a cruiserweight on fightnight.
                  Wait Oscar didn't fight at WW since 2001, if he wasn't a real JMW what was he then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    Pacquiao will fight Valuev and it will look like this:

#Epic

Comment

Working...
                    X