No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: I See No Point in Fighting Manny Pacquiao Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
    im glad this was his decision time to close the book on that battle. what happens if pac man wins then a 6th? when does it stop when someone wins two decisive victories in a row? that could take 100 years
    what happens if pac wins the 6th?

uh then what happens is we got another fantastic fight between two elite

legends.............

wow, you would rather not risk watching another legendary fight because one man has to lose...

sad.........

Comment

"I got the desired result, so no point in fighting him again."

That's what Pacquiao should have said after 2 wins and a draw.

Anyway, in the end, Bob Arum will give Marquez 20 million reasons to take a rematch. I think this is just posturing for a higher pay packet by JMM.

Comment

Good. A 5th fight is pointless.

Comment

marquez should have won the first 2.. the 3rd was a horrible robbery!.. he finally put pacquiao to sleep along with the rivalry! **** pac.. let him go have another catch weight fight with sum1 else

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

In any poll out there, Manny vs Marquez would be high and above any other fight that Marquez can make. With Manny, there would not be enough room in a stadium to hold the amount of people that would want to see it. Against anyone else, it would be very very different.

Manny gave Marquez 4 chances to beat him. Marquez holds the cards on this fight but he should give Manny a chance out of respect .... but its up to Marquez.

Perhaps Marquez is saying this just to gain even more leverage and therefore more money in all this. I see it being very tempting for Marquez to take the fight since Marquez will be getting a lot more money than anyone else he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by amayseng View Post
              what happens if pac wins the 6th?

uh then what happens is we got another fantastic fight between two elite

legends.............

wow, you would rather not risk watching another legendary fight because one man has to lose...

sad.........
              No no no, We have sat through FAR too many promotions with these two fighters! Im tired of seeing them at the same place at the same time! I dont care how good the match ups are! I would like to see Juan vs The Ghost, Bradley, Broner, and Rios potentially! Ortiz wouldnt be a bad opponent as well!

Comment

It's possible he's just trying to gain leverage for future contract negotiations and is looking for a bigger cut of the money from the fifth fight.
                I really hope the fight happens. I want to see Manny destroy him next time. There's something about JMM that is annoying, imo.
                I will always see Manny as the better fighter, historically.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                  I expect to see many threads why is Marquez ducking a Pacquiao rematch.Pacquiao was whopping his ass before the KO now he"s scared
                  Yup they will come by the masses....."if it wasn't for the lucky punch PAC would have won"

Comment

If I was Marque I wouldn't want the fifth fight either. Legacy wise, he's where he has always wanted to be right now. Money talks though and it's hard to see him walking away from an eight figure offer.

Comment

I kinda agree. Think that well has been dipped into too many times. Besides, I'm not sure that's a wise idea for Pacquiao anyway. Marquez should retire but if he wants to continue fighting, Timothy Bradley would make for a great opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X