No announcement yet.

JDS vs Overeem standup

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
    Offcourse he has some heart he is a fighter but a lot of his losses have been by stoppages where he he crumbles under pressure, Overeem has to beat Lesnar first even if he does Dos Santos beats him but we may know soon
    How is Lesnar going to win when he runs away at the first sign of Ubereem putting his fist anywhere near Brock's head?

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
      How is Lesnar going to win when he runs away at the first sign of Ubereem putting his fist anywhere near Brock's head?
      Lesnar has a really good chin but his reactions to strikes are really poor, if he has improved that and his Striking defense then it's very likely that he'll either take a few hits maybe avoid some use his Wrestling take Overeem down and beat him up on the ground. I'm not sure though I can't wait for it!

Comment

My point is he wins by pure size and power alone. Its not like he outstruck tremendous strikers he just bullies with his size. Dos santos keeping his hands low lours them in so he can counter with his big shots. Id be extremely surprised if they fought and dos santos didnt check those leg kicks. If Overeem had a nice jab i think hed win, he would of finished werdum but without it hes too telegraphed. I think dos santos gets in and out landing combos pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
          Lesnar has a really good chin but his reactions to strikes are really poor, if he has improved that and his Striking defense then it's very likely that he'll either take a few hits maybe avoid some use his Wrestling take Overeem down and beat him up on the ground. I'm not sure though I can't wait for it!
          You do know that Overeem is far better on the ground than Lesnar, right?

Comment

I don't believe either one has good enough defense to deal with the other's offense. I believe this one comes down to power, and chin. I'm not sure who has more power, but I do think JDS has a better chin. Not too strongly....I'm not sure JDS has been hit cleanly by an accurate striker. I'd say Roy Nelson would be his best show of good chin, but he didn't absorb shots like the one Remy put The Reem down with.

I don't really think Alistair's gonna box him. I see him looking for leg kicks, and submission. Not necessarily to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
              You do know that Overeem is far better on the ground than Lesnar, right?
              Overeem has a good ground game but if Lesnar gets on top he'll have a major advantage there

Comment

Working...
              X