Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vasyl Lomachenko Vs Nicholas Walters, Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
    Where do people get that from, Russel couldnt land more than 10 punches per round and solido only landed low blows
    i didnt say his defense is bad, but people are acting as if he is a rigo, young floyd, young toney type defender and its simply not true. salido did pop him more often than he would a truly great defensive fighter.

a great defender is always a great defender too, loma is very hard to hit when he uses his legs but inside his defense is far from great and he tends to leave himself vulnerable when throwing flurries of punches.

there is no doubt loma was special in the amateur ranks, just like there is no doubt he has the potential to be the same as a pro. but i dont think he is there yet, far from it actually.

beating a guy with literally zero noteworthy wins seems to have completely erased the memory of the salido loss in many peoples minds, but not mine. its easy to just blame the low blows, but there was more to it than that. mainly that there is still too much amateur in him.

based on lomas brief pro career i see a ton of potential, but potential that is still yet to be fulfilled. does anyone really think walters loses to salido with or without those low blows? or that he doesnt completely decapitate russell jr? styles make fights and im not saying he will definitely beat loma based on that, but too many people are acting as if loma will not only definitely beat him but make easy work of it and it doesnt make much sense looking at their recent performances.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      . does anyone really think walters loses to salido with or without those low blows? or that he doesnt completely decapitate russell jr?
      I honestly I agree with you here... But something about Loma seems very special and I feel like he can improve, show us a new level, and come out with the win... All we can do is continue to speak up so this fight may happen. Both guys seem very humble and gracious in victory so whoever wins, it's a win for the sport of boxing.

Comment

Such a sick fight if it comes off as rumored. Both fighters have attributes to bother one another. I need to watch a bit more of Walters before I decide who takes it.

Comment

I'll take Walters if they face each other next. Lomachenko may have got by Russell, but that doesn't mean he's ready for the A-list guys in the division.

Comment

Walters will have a power and size edge on Lomachenko, but it's not like Lomachenko hasn't faced bigger guys before.

He took all of Salido's best shots and Salido came into the fight at 147, and Lomachenko almost stopped him at the end. Salido also hits harder than Walters. I don't think he'll get overwhelmed by the power of Walters and he's definitely the better boxer, has better foot movement, changes levels well, and unlike Donaire doesn't just settle for pot shots.

I got Loma 116-112 if the fight takes place. Walters would have to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
              i didnt say his defense is bad, but people are acting as if he is a rigo, young floyd, young toney type defender and its simply not true. salido did pop him more often than he would a truly great defensive fighter.

a great defender is always a great defender too, loma is very hard to hit when he uses his legs but inside his defense is far from great and he tends to leave himself vulnerable when throwing flurries of punches.

there is no doubt loma was special in the amateur ranks, just like there is no doubt he has the potential to be the same as a pro. but i dont think he is there yet, far from it actually.

beating a guy with literally zero noteworthy wins seems to have completely erased the memory of the salido loss in many peoples minds, but not mine. its easy to just blame the low blows, but there was more to it than that. mainly that there is still too much amateur in him.

based on lomas brief pro career i see a ton of potential, but potential that is still yet to be fulfilled. does anyone really think walters loses to salido with or without those low blows? or that he doesnt completely decapitate russell jr? styles make fights and im not saying he will definitely beat loma based on that, but too many people are acting as if loma will not only definitely beat him but make easy work of it and it doesnt make much sense looking at their recent performances.
              None of those guys faced a guy like Salido in their 2nd fight. Heck Rigo got KDed and barely squeaked by a worse fighter in Cordoba in his 7th. Pro experience counts

Comment

Working...
              X