Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever done more long term damage to boxing than Wladimir Klitshcko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Holmes-Cooney was one of the most anticipated HW matchups for a long log time, because of the racial aspect, Larry Holmes' dominance and both their backgrounds. That fight is bigger than anything Wlad has been in. Lewis-Bruno was a fight for the ages, two rivals going at it to fight out the right to become the next big thing. Absolutely legendary. Lewis-Tyson is the richest HW fight ever, whilst the win itself was not that impressive, a lot of people at the time said Tyson would take it. Also, there was an aura of greatness about it. That fight was to determine who was the best of the era. Can't see your dig at Ruddock? What's wrong with that fight?

Wlad beat a fat old mercer and Byrd in low key fights? Mercer was past his prime when he fought Lewis ffs. Byrd is probably Wlad's best win considering the Haye fight was a major letdown. It's really not that impressive, and neither was the fight itself.

Wlad has beaten a lot of decent fighters. But reality is, he has never been legendary. He never beat any legendary fighters or been in any legendary fights. Prove me wrong.

/Andrew
    Ok, so the comment wasn't about the real quality of the opponents but about how big the event was...

In that case Wlad-Haye was huge. Povetkin-Wlad will be very big as well. I was talking about the quality of opponents that Wlad beat and I don't think he lacks much (or at all) in that department compared with the other ATGs.

My dig on fighters that you listed is about having the same standards. Lets not pretend Bruno was some HOF fighter... not even close, regardless how big the event was.

Comment

Working...
    X