Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach and Wildcard would take Donaire to another level

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are people blaming Roach for Linares loss? Linares was executing a beautiful gameplan and fell apart with he try to prove he was tougher than DeMarco.

That fight was 100% on Linares and this is coming from someone who dislikes Freddie Roach.

Roach gave him the right advice but Jorge fought stupid and it cost him.

With that said, Donaire is with the right trainer (Garcia) and right conditioning coach (Conte). That combination works for him and that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      what I think is a counter puncher generally should use as little movement as they can to make someone miss, so they can immediately counter back. efficiently making people miss maximizes their countering opportunities

that running around that freddie roach fighters do isn't going to help with that
      Amir and Manny are the only Roach fighters to do that.

FWIW Manny has actually slowed down on his constant bouncing around the ring as compared to his earlier days as a fighter. Also with or without Roach, Amir would still use constant movement because staying on the outside and working behind his jab is Khan's bread and butter.

Comment

hook him up with nacho berinstein and he will be a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post

Why the hell would a trainer tell his fighter that is winning on the cards "Dont let him back you up"?

You should tell him to keep boxing him and stay on your toes. Roach ruined him, he is only good with punchers not boxers/counter punchers.

Comment

Linares lost because he was facing a live body. The Wild card boys only fight weight drainers or no hopers and claim they are the best. Look at his pupils: Chavez; Con; Pac. Always have the advantage when they fight, weight drainer, faded, bum, perfect style. When he has an fighter who can't pick and choose the opponent, they are in trouble.

Comment

I think Donaire and Garcia have made a good team.

As for Roach and Garcia, I don't think it's beneficial to compare who had the better professional career as a means to figuring out who is the better trainer.

Definitely not that simple.

Comment

Arista's "supplement" glowing shakes can take Donaire to the heavyweights. He could beat both brothers at the same time....

Comment

if a skillless bum like pacquiao became fighter of the decade with ariza's peds, imagine what it would do to donaire.

i reckon he'd go up to heavy weight and unify all the belts along the way

donaire + pac's undetectable super PEDs = GOAT

Comment

BIAS ALERT!!!

but

at this point

Garcia> Roach

yes I know he has Manny and Amir but to me listening to his corner instructions makes me wonder if he realizes the fighter he has at the moment. Also I am not necessarily a fan of how he has Khan. IMO Khan should be a tad more aggressive and not on his toes so much.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                      Why are people blaming Roach for Linares loss? Linares was executing a beautiful gameplan and fell apart with he try to prove he was tougher than DeMarco.

That fight was 100% on Linares and this is coming from someone who dislikes Freddie Roach.

With that said, Donaire is with the right trainer (Garcia) and right conditioning coach (Conte). That combination works for him and that's all that matters.
                      a defensive minded linares doesnt lose that fight. idc what anyone tells me. he was trying to be something hes not and he got busted up for it. there was absolutely no reason for him to stand there and trade with a guy, demarco who i think is very underrated, who he has an edge in skill with. and its not even like he tried to wear the dude down. it was a horrible gameplan. dont back up?? why not?

Comment

Working...
                      X