Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao: (video excl) Roach compares Filipino to Ali and Robinson

Manny Pacquiao: (video excl) Roach compares Filipino to Ali and Robinson
    By Gareth A Davies Boxing and MMA Last updated: November 27, 2009

CLICK HERE TO SEE ROACH ON PACQUIAO COMPARED TO ALI/ROBINSON AND THE GREAT SKILLS OF MAYWEATHER
    or click below
    http://video.telegraph.co.uk/service...id=48682243001

Freddie Roach is being genuine when he says that he believes Manny Pacquiao should retire after fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. He says so because he believes the Filipino’s legacy will be enormous, and that boxing will celebrate his ability more, even though the sport may miss him.

Roach believes Pacquiao can be compared to “[Muhammad] Ali, [Sugar Ray] Robinson, but that the longevity has to be taken into account. His career isn’t done yet, and when he retires, we’ll miss his style, his ability to exchange in the ring, and the fact that he wants to be an entertainer.”

“If he keeps going, great, if he stays around too long, that will go in the history books. After Mayweather, I’d like to see him go out.”

But Roach is acutely aware of the task facing them in a Mayweather bout. “Floyd’s a hard guy to fight. He doesn’t exchange too much, he doesn’t take too many risks. Can Pacquiao get to him with his speed ?”

There is some great footage of Manny training in the Wild Card Gym.

“Floyd is a great fighter, a great counter-puncher,” muses Roach. “He’s very careful, he only throws when he gets into the right position, and he won’t take that risk if he hurts you. He won’t try to finish you. He’s a little boring, but he’s gifted, too.”

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/g...-and-robinson/

If he beats Floyd, he's top10 OAT.

Comment

Floyd will school him.

Comment

How can Roach compare Pacquiao to Ali?
        Ali is a real dancer and Pacquiao is lawn mover operator.
        Night and day.

I think he can be best compare to Duran.

Comment

i hope the dog in ur av is safe

Comment

Working...
          X