To my older posters,when did you stop partying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
    Damn lol, crazy story.

Im single, about to be 26, was in a 5 year relationship until I was 23, so I'm still down to go to night clubs. I know I will lose interest in it as soon as I run into the right girl in life in the next few years, hopefully.
    I omitted some stuff, but to give a better explanation, not only did I begin to do the club/bar circuit in Mexico at 13, I started doing hallucinogens at 16: mescaline, LSD, shrooms. Then began doing ecstasy at 17. LSD and X were the two vices I did continuously from 17 to 23. I'm surprised that I survived this period of my life, not because of the amount of drug use, but because of the crazy, wild **** I got involved with. Running with drug traffickers, club owners, wild females. I should have OD'd, gotten shot or gotten aids. Luckily, the first never happened, I got shot at, but never hit and I'm cleaner than a whistle.

Comment

I slowed down but never quit. Jobs will do that.

Comment

I don't know if TS considers me "older" at 28 but yeah that is too old to still be going out partying and if your my age and older but disagree I would advise you to grow up.

Comment

nope... i haven't stopped partying... but man, the amount of partying that I was used to has gone down pretty significantly when I had kids...

Comment

I've noticed i haven't been to a club in ages, too many cornballs in there.

These days i much prefer the pub or getting wasted in my house.

Comment

I realised in 2010 that I needed to slow down after almost dying a couple of times and ending up on the verge of a mental breakdown. I carried on smoking pot, and drinking, but I quit the harder stuff. I quit smoking on NYD this year and haven't smoked since, and up until recently I was really happy, and felt better than I had in a long time both mentally and physically.
              That changed recently when I met this girl. Things were going OK, but recently I was hit by the mother of all inferiority complexes. She's some kind of genius with a masters in engineering, and a PHD in business management (or something lke that). She travels all over the world delivering lectures, and can write PHD level papers in 3 days, and she's younger than me. All this made me realise I've basically wasted my youth doing things that seemed fun at the time but ultimately have left me unfulfilled and a little empty.

Comment

Early Sunday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                  Did it just hit you one day? or was it an eventual thing?cause i am losing intrest in running with random woman and staying out late nights partying.seems like a waste of time and stupid to me now. Starting to see people for who they really are,once your money is gone them boom they are gone. Just had a birthday Saturday and all those chicks i run around with not 1 called or offered to take me out or even spend time with me.None of my so called homeboys called or came by,it is ridiculous
                  I stopped going to the bar years ago, stopped celebrating my birthday a long time ago. I don't do go out with anyone anymore. Too expensive & i save all my money for my holiday's & concerts. I don't really talk or hang out with anyone anymore. The bar is a waste of money & i just can't justify spending $6-7 on a beer or 1oz drink when i can get a litre for $5 or $1beers on my holidays. That is how a travel so much. Everynight it doesn't take much to drop $100-$200... I stay home for 4-6 weeks i can pay for a flight & hotel to cuba. The next month or 2 takes care of spending on top of bills. As you get older your number of friends will drastically decline because everyone has their own lives to worry about & their priorities change which may not include nights out. If you are single with no kids you will be lucky to have a friend or 2 left by your 30s...

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                    I omitted some stuff, but to give a better explanation, not only did I begin to do the club/bar circuit in Mexico at 13, I started doing hallucinogens at 16: mescaline, LSD, shrooms. Then began doing ecstasy at 17. LSD and X were the two vices I did continuously from 17 to 23. I'm surprised that I survived this period of my life, not because of the amount of drug use, but because of the crazy, wild **** I got involved with. Running with drug traffickers, club owners, wild females. I should have OD'd, gotten shot or gotten aids. Luckily, the first never happened, I got shot at, but never hit and I'm cleaner than a whistle.
                    This is pretty much the way i was until 31. Stopped lsd & mush by early 20s only to do hard drugs... Stopped doing hard drugs & eliminated that crowd from my life & my phone pretty much stopped ringing as 90% of the people i knew did hard drugs. I was the only one who ever had to get up for work...

Comment

I've never stopped partying but I did toned it down a lot when I turned 29

I work all week sometimes weekends, I rather use my days off resting instead of partying plus I used throw too much money down the drain when i used to go out, I rather spend my extra money on other things now

Comment

Working...
                      X