Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pathetic England Disgraced by the Dutch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Pathetic England Disgraced by the Dutch!

we lost in the 20/20 world cup, I hope we lose the next match too and then get routed 5-0 by you guys in the ashes, and then never win again until they are forced to have a complete overhaul of the disgrace that is english cricket!

Hey, We lost to one of the greatest Cricketing sides, in the past 20 years...

Haha, we're a disgrace.

Comment

We went out in straight sets.
      I'm not keen on 20/20 cricket and I don't think the players are either.

Comment

better luck next time...

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
          At least it isn't too long until the real business starts.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
            It's getting a lot more people interested in the game and I daresay it's generating a ton of revenue for the sport. Being crowned 'the world t20 champions' most likely isn't going to sit super high with a power nation if they were to win it, but it's still a good spectical none the less, it's also always good to see emerging nations get involved in, who knows what that win by the dutch could kickstart in the country.

Comment

I agree that 20/20 has the potential to reach out to a broader audience than one day or test cricket, especially in countries where cricket is only a minority sport.
              Anybody read "Down Under" by Bill Bryson? In it he describes the 'unusual spectacle of test cricket where blokes run about with a mattress strapped to each leg'.
              Whilst I don't think 20/20 is the sole way forward, it is entertaining and fun for all but the most tragic purists.

Kinda like rugby 7's I suppose. Lots of 'minnow' nations take part including Kenya, Cook Islands and Portugal. Kenya actually happen to be very good at that form of the game.

Who knows what gems we might uncover next?

Comment

Working...
              X