Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
    Lewis didn't have much power in his punches either at that point.
    Bull****, he was tired but was still landing hard punches. Vitali was done, Lewis didn't care if Vitali landed because there was nothing on the punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
      Yeh the big uppercut, Vitali has an iron chin. Even that round wasn't as one sided as some make it, Vitali was still landing some punches. Both of them were hurt and exhausted.
      Vitali landed punches that did nothing at all, all the meaningful shots were from Lewis.

Comment

some people don't know what "dominate" means

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Bull****, he was tired but was still landing hard punches. Vitali was done, Lewis didn't care if Vitali landed because there was nothing on the punches.
          Other than the uppercut I didn't see many hard punches from Lewis in that round. Vitali was still throwing punches back.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Vitali landed punches that did nothing at all, all the meaningful shots were from Lewis.
            Lewis landed the harder punches in that round, but he was slowing down himself.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Not even close. He looked like he was going down in the next round or 2.
              Thats what I felt too, the fight was swinging into the experienced championship fighters favour and we were not even close to the championship rounds.

It was a really good 6 rounds whilst it lasted, but if I had to put money on who would have won, it would be almost impossible for me to disregard the state of Vitali after Lewis has cut his eye to bits coupled with Lewis' experience fighting world champs over 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                some people don't know what "dominate" means
                You're right, Earl.

There seems to have been a lot of Lewis-hate on this forum.

"Dominate" implies that Klitschko won every round and the punch(es) that caused the cut(s) were from a 'lucky shot'.

HBO sure made out as though Lewis was shot, and all done in. Personally, I think he was beginning to find his feet from round 4; but i'm biased, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  You're right, Earl.

There seems to have been a lot of Lewis-hate on this forum. "Dominate" implies that Klitschko won every round and the punch(es) that caused the cut(s) were from a 'lucky shot'.

HBO sure made out as though Lewis was shot, and all done in. Personally, I think he was beginning to find his feet from round 4; but i'm biased, of course.
                  HBO had been looking for a replacement for Lewis for quite a few fights, as far back as Michael Grant from what I could tell, they knew he wouldn't be around forever, and were trying to build up a new star, they were riding Vitali's nuts from early on, before they then started trashing him, further down the line.

It started to become a joke where HBO commentary were criticising lewis, and then he'd spark the opponent out seconds later lol.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    You're right, Earl.

There seems to have been a lot of Lewis-hate on this forum.

"Dominate" implies that Klitschko won every round and the punch(es) that caused the cut(s) were from a 'lucky shot'.

I'd say Vitali gets hated on more.

Comment

Lewis was fighting smarter, instead of throwing loads of punches he would load up and land big shots instead. That lost him the early rounds but did the damage and won the fight. That is the reason he had little more than a scratch on his nose and Vitali's face was mangled and he was drinking blood. Quality over Quantity.

Comment

Working...
                      X