No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido: Vasyl Lomachenko is Nothing Special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    I agree about a lot of these guys not deserving a shot and Cruz really did nothing to deserve one and now they are saying Gary Russell might get one and he has done nothing late, even if he does have some skills. I would pick Russell any day over Lom though. But I don't like how a guy with one damn fight gets to go in front of the line. That does not sit well with me and that's just how I feel.
    He just beat an alphabet "contender". IYO he should beat 1-2 more of these before challenging for title, or you insist he first beat up on 16 no hopers, like most prospects?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      If lomanchenko stops salido,, he will get more hype than ggg, lucas, kovolav combined,,,,
      Mark my words,, NSB will have about a billion threads about lomo if this happens
      He'd deserve it if he knocked out a 3 time world champion and hard punching, tough, strong, great pressure fighter in his second pro fight.

Salido's passed his prime and in a decline especially in regards to his durability but he still has something left.

If this guy beats him it's very impressive.

Comment

I like you Salido but you need to click the red x and log the fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          He just beat an alphabet "contender". IYO he should beat 1-2 more of these before challenging for title, or you insist he first beat up on 16 no hopers, like most prospects?
          I see where you are coming from, I agree. With the addition of more than 1-2....I think having at least 8 fights would be better. Rigo showed he can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            I see where you are coming from, I agree. With the addition of more than 1-2....I think having at least 8 fights would be better. Rigo showed he can do it.
            He may or may not deserve the shot (lots of undeserving challengers), but like Dan says above, by beating Salido in his 2nd fight he'll prove more than worthy, or he'll get a rude awakening. It's a tremendous risk. Many prospects face a patsy for their first title, see Broner vs random Argie.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              He may or may not deserve the shot (lots of undeserving challengers), but like Dan says above, by beating Salido in his 2nd fight he'll prove more than worthy, or he'll get a rude awakening. It's a tremendous risk. Many prospects face a patsy for their first title, see Broner vs random Argie.
              Huge risk I'm actually shocked it's happening in his second pro fight.

Salido's resistance has been slowly but surely declining for some time that was even before the second Lopez war. And he's slower than he once was in all area's but he still has very good head movement, great at cutting off the ring, very good inside game and very hard punches in both hands.

He'll answer questions in his second pro fight that people don't answer well into their careers.

Look at Broner for example, he's a "3 weight world champion" (Laughable, I know) and he's still yet to answer these questions (We'll see in December)

Huge props to the guy for stepping up so early.

How old is he?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Huge risk I'm actually shocked it's happening in his second pro fight.

Salido's resistance has been slowly but surely declining for some time that was even before the second Lopez war. And he's slower than he once was in all area's but he still has very good head movement, great at cutting off the ring, very good inside game and very hard punches in both hands.

He'll answer questions in his second pro fight that people don't answer well into their careers.

Look at Broner for example, he's a "3 weight world champion" (Laughable, I know) and he's still yet to answer these questions (We'll see in December)

Huge props to the guy for stepping up so early.

How old is he?
                He's only 25, there's really no need to rush it. He doesn't even have to wait for a vacant title, go for Gradovich, much more winnable.

Comment

Salido is going to retire after the beating Lomachenko is going to lay on him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Salido is going to retire after the beating Lomachenko is going to lay on him.
                    If he loses I'd imagine he would.

Retirement is right around the corner for him even though he's still young.

He's been a professional boxer over half of his life.

Comment

If this gets made its probably the most intriuiging fight in a while imo, Ive followed Loma since the ams and people second guessing his skills are wrong, this guy is different and one of the best amateurs ever. He is a highly skilled fighter who can both box and bang but is strong on the front foot and is relentless.

But Salido is a tough veteran who can punch, and he will have no problems going 12 and thats why I cant really pick this fight because Loma needs to stop Salido imo to win, he isnt going to beat him over 12 rounds, he will wilt against a guy who has had like 60 or something fights.

Loma has the offensive tools to stop almost anyone imo, this guy is off the chain offensively if youcant see that your blind. But to do that he is going to have to go in there against the power and experience of a seasoned pro who has done it so many times, it will actually be very interesting to see what happens in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X