Strikeforce Signed K.J. Noons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strikeforce Signed K.J. Noons

http://dammagecontrol.sportscardblog...her-k-j-noons/

Former EliteXC champion K.J. Noons has also signed with Strikeforce, on a multi-fight deal. The news broke today via Sherdog after Strikeforce executives announced the addition of Melvin Manhoef. He joins a lightweight division in need of more talent, although his first fight date is unknown at this time. It’s possible he could be ready for the December 19th Strikeforce: Evolution card, but in all likely hood it will be sometime in late January.

Noons, who fought at 160 in the EliteXC ranks, was stripped of his title after an ongoing contract dispute. The organization eventually folded, disbanding the fighters to other organizations, although Noons has not fought since the 2008 split. He hold wins over two Strikeforce fighters, Nick Diaz and Yes Edwards. Bad blood has been noted in the past between Noons and Diaz after their EliteXC match (Diaz lost via stoppage due to cut) but never had the chance to happen.

Noons will continue too duck Diaz....

Comment

And let his drunk ass dad do the fighting for him.

Comment

Noons back for round 2.

**yeah he really should rematch Diaz ... granted he won the first fight, but how he won it (stopped on cuts) plus the rivalry that's been building since then

I'd really like to see Noons-Diaz 2

Comment

Bu-bu-but what about his plans to be the next great pro boxer?

Comment

Originally posted by Not Monty View Post
            Bu-bu-but what about his plans to be the next great pro boxer?
            He can probably still box actually, as Strikeforce contracts are rather non-exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
              He can probably still box actually, as Strikeforce contracts are rather non-exclusive.
              overeem hasn't fought in strikeforce in a year, since he won the title

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                overeem hasn't fought in strikeforce in a year, since he won the title
                yeah, that's a strange situation really. Coker has said he's going to try to build Overeem up in the US in the near future. That said, it will be interesting to see whether or not Overeem has any intention of fighing in the States. The suspicions of banned substances is something which really can't be avoided in this context. I'm all for give a guy the benefit of the doubt, but Overeem's physique does not appear the product of nature alone, I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirin Ichiban View Post
                  yeah, that's a strange situation really. Coker has said he's going to try to build Overeem up in the US in the near future. That said, it will be interesting to see whether or not Overeem has any intention of fighing in the States. The suspicions of banned substances is something which really can't be avoided in this context. I'm all for give a guy the benefit of the doubt, but Overeem's physique does not appear the product of nature alone, I must say.
                  there's big money in a title fight with fedor, if coker can keep overeem from testing positive

Comment

Working...
                  X