No announcement yet.

We as Boxing fans need Mike Alvarado to beat Juan Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    does anyone know the undercards for this one?
    its a double header the first fight is viktor postol vs.....

*googles*

ah selcuk aydin, the dude who fought guerrero n soto karass

postol-aydin is actually ok, probably being groomed to fight ruslan eventually

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post

*googles*

oh snap...it's not on ppv...its on regular HBO

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Why do people want JMM to retire? The guy is coming off a close loss to Bradley, it's not like he's Roy Jones/Shane Mosley shot. Before that fight, he had just made Pacquiao faceplant the canvas. If anything Alvarado is probably more shot than Marquez, the guy has taking beatings and his style doesn't foster longevity.
        They want to keep the Marquez Knocked Pacman jokes going it fill's there insecure heart's with joy ... That or they are afraid what JMM will do to the GBP stable once the cold war ends

Comment

should be good, but still kinda underwhelmed
          Alvarado don't deserve piss drinker's name on his resume
          he's old and he's probably gonna lose this
          it's a sad end if that happens, shoulda quit after the 4th Pac fight
          and if piss drinker wins, we don't need Pac-JMM 5
          more from these guys who won't get out when the gettings good

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post

*googles*

Never seen postol fight is he any good? Or at least entertaining?

Comment

I hope Marquez does lose on a landslide decision, he is a no hoper against everyone but Pac.

He can then retire.

Comment

Sugarsmosley has a good point, the only way a Pacquiao/Alvarado is PPV is if they stack the undercard which wont happen. I feel as though Top Rank is on its last leg and a Alvarado win will cripple Arum bad because hes running out of excuses for pointless fights and hopefully this makes Pacquiao snap out of his top rank zombie state and drop Arum and friends.

I feel as though us Boxing fans are starting to get our voices heard but it all starts with the media to start pushing the agenda. Unfortunately all of the best writers and journalists are paid off and are fan boys to promoters so they keep shut.

Why cant Arum get Sterling'ed for the good of Boxing? this guy has been spewing hatred for decades and nothing has happen to him. That shows you how important Boxing is to the public nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                  Never seen postol fight is he any good? Or at least entertaining?
                  ive seen him fight only a couple times, most people dont think so, hasnt been in many notable fights yet. hes a decent boxer w/ not a lot of power... main thing w/ him for some reason the sanctioning bodies have him ranked, and hes undefeated. so its an easy feed to one of the big guns down the line like ruslan

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Why do people want JMM to retire? The guy is coming off a close loss to Bradley, it's not like he's Roy Jones/Shane Mosley shot. Before that fight, he had just made Pacquiao faceplant the canvas. If anything Alvarado is probably more shot than Marquez, the guy has taking beatings and his style doesn't foster longevity.
                    ^This.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
                      This Saturday we will be treated to a good fight between Juan Marquez and Mike Alvarado. Marquez is the favorite coming in to this fight and I honestly want him to get knocked out. Always been a fan of the warrior Marquez but its time for him to go off to sunset and retire. Alvarado is due for a solid win on his resume and I think he pulls up the upset over Marquez this Saturday if he not that war torn.

A win for Alvarado really throws a monkey wrench in Arum's plan for a fifth and meaningless fight between Pacquiao and Marquez. Even if Alvarado wins there is no way Pacquiao-Alvarado is PPV worthy. Who else wants Alvarado to beat Marquez so we don't have to see Pacquiao-Marquez 5?

WAR ALVARADO!!!!

I want Alvarado to win just so JMM can finally call it a career. There are 0 JMM fights that interest me anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X