No announcement yet.

Texas school books being written with a Fundamentalist Christian viewpoint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stones In Exile View Post
    interesting.......i haven't seen these videos....but i'll take your word for it Tunney

ps. kindegarten teachers are wack
    See, I think it's obvious that an internet beef has crossed the line when someone makes some very obviously false, but very specific allegations about someone that convinces other people. Trust Tunney to cross that line. Truly pathetic Tunney - you've sank to a new low.

Comment

Originally posted by timba1988 View Post
      Your probably right. But religion will never be taught in a fair and equal manner. Muslim schools will teach Islam with a bias, and White Christian schools will teach the bible with a bias...no matter what government says or does. That's why I believe children would be better off without religious studies in school, unless it is taught in a historial context.
      This is why schools should all be secular. Perhaps they should have religious leaders in to speak ab out their own religion and then explore the negatives afterwards.

The trouble is that very religious people consider it a sin to ask questions or to criticize their own religion. And intelligent people should always ask themselves why that is so! Remember that religions claim nothing less than universal truth. Why then must they place such stringent prohibition upon asking questions and criticising the tenets of the faith?

Science is built upon a foundation of asking questions. Asking questions is the only way to get real answers. Prohibition of questions is deeply illiberal and exceedingly worrying whether it is catholic opposition to birth control, Islamic outrage at apostasy or atheist Soviet prohibition of any non-Lysenkoist biology, preventing free inquiry is a barrier to knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P Opinion View Post
        See, I think it's obvious that an internet beef has crossed the line when someone makes some very obviously false, but very specific allegations about someone that convinces other people. Trust Tunney to cross that line. Truly pathetic Tunney - you've sank to a new low.
        I have been ignoring him for the last few weeks, including ignoring his tedious "squealpiggy hates muslims because he is a ****sexual schtick" so it's a little disappointing that he has chosen to escalate his behaviour to serious accusations that could affect my private life in order to regain my attention.

Comment

World religions class in my school was very fair in their teachings. One of the rules of the class was that you would be sent out of class for any type of remarks about any of the religions studied. Interesting class.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
            You have a double standard - your opinions are far from p4p. Why did you approve of this. Calling someone a "Nazi" is very serious and extremely offensive, more so than my pointing out squealpiggy's gay behavior at the Ajax Boxing Club.
            You may find it more offensive, but it isn't specific to you as a person and it doesn't threaten to affect your personal life. It's just an insult thrown out to an internet persona. What you are suggesting could have serious implications for Squealpiggy were it to be read by the wrong people in his personal life outside of this forum - it isn't just a throwaway insult. I think there is a line and you crossed it. I'd liken it to a lowblow in an otherwise fair fight.

Comment

What he's posted is very specific to me as a person, and it's not true. He on the other hand really is gay.
              You believing Squealpiggy to be gay and you knowing Squealpiggy to be gay are different things. You can believe him to be gay but for you to know must mean you have experienced this first hand... Maybe you've smoked some pork sausage?

Seriously though, anything on the internet should stay on the internet and not adversely affect either individual's private life regardless of who started what...

Comment

fundamentalists christians are ******ed.......theyd rather censor then have their kids learn about the truth, because thats the only way their religion survives....look at the church throughout the middle ages and what they did to galileo.......

Comment

You have a double standard - your opinions are far from p4p. Why did you approve of this:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ht=nazi+Tunney

Calling someone a "Nazi" is very serious and extremely offensive, more so than my pointing out squealpiggy's gay behavior at the Ajax Boxing Club.
                  Alright let's spell it out:

Calling an anonymous user a nazi on the internet. It may have hurt your feelings. It shouldn't have, but it might do.

Alleging that somebody was thrown out of a specific boxing club for making illicit videos of young men. My feelings are not the issue, and if it didn't involve specifics then I wouldn't even be arsed. But this is the sort of thing that people lose their jobs over, lose their families and homes and that's not even mentioning losing the affiliation with the club.

So I'm asking you now: Can you see the difference between the two things?

Comment

You can't lose your job for being a ****sexual, or you'd be unemployed right now. There are laws protecting you.
                    You will notice that I am simply not bothered about you calling me a ****sexual. The accusation is meaningless coming from you. But that isn't what you are saying is it? That's not the accusation you are making.

What you're saying is that I was banned from going to a boxing club (with which I am affiliated) and the reason is because I was making illicit videos of other members (something which is certainly immoral and probably also illegal).

And that is crossing the line.

Comment

Me and Tunney spotted a few MONSTER cocks out on Wreck Beach this weekend,Tunney could you believe the size on some of those gentlemen?

Comment

Working...
                      X