Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will it take for the HW division to dominate once again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    well i don't have the time or resources to do that. i just gave you the overall view of how top fighters used to fight each other. most of the guys on ali's list also have a good number of losses to fellow top tenners where as on wlad's list they barely have any wins or losses to top tenners since they didn't fight any. feel free to go look up the 90's and 00's. my brain is melted from looking at boxrec.
    I will not. I will leave that tedious bit of evidence making to those who put forth the myth.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I now have the answer for my own old thread. TYSON FURY.

Comment

The next gen (next 5years or so) will be fun imo.

Big personalities (Fury, Wilder, Whyte). Hyped fighters (Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Hughie Fury, Parker). Big punchers (Ortiz, Joshua, Wilder, Parker, Povetkin). In shape fighters (Wilder, Joshua, Jennings, Parker,Povetkin).

Some of those guys might end up not being all that great,but their hype will feed the division non the less.

Big money potentially coming for Heavyweights.

Can maybe add a comebacking Haye for a fight or two and maybe an old Klitschko if he still wants it.

The key will be making sure these guys get in the ring and make the fights at the right time

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          The next gen (next 5years or so) will be fun imo.

Big personalities (Fury, Wilder, Whyte). Hyped fighters (Joshua, Fury, Wilder, Hughie Fury, Parker). Big punchers (Ortiz, Joshua, Wilder, Parker, Povetkin). In shape fighters (Wilder, Joshua, Jennings, Parker,Povetkin).

Some of those guys might end up not being all that great,but their hype will feed the division non the less.

Big money potentially coming for Heavyweights.

Can maybe add a comebacking Haye for a fight or two and maybe an old Klitschko if he still wants it.

The key will be making sure these guys get in the ring and make the fights at the right time
          That's always been the case though. Guys like Glazkov and Wilder don't give me that much hope that the division will get significantly better in this regard, though having a perceived vulnerable guy like Fury as king of the hill might fire fighters up a bit more.

Comment

HW is in good state and Klitschko fights were big in Europe. The reason why it's not seen as big as before is because there are no American stars/hyped fighters. If some new American great HWs appears the division will be seen as prestigious again. Let's face it, if Klitschko was American he would have A LOT of hype behind him.

Comment

Working...
            X