Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the tougher fight at any era at 130 lbs? Floyd, Marquez or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
    Definitely Floyd, anything below 135lbs I don't see anybody in history beating this dude..he was the perfect blend of smarts, sharpness, skill, and defense..
    Not true as there are quite a few fighters I would bet on beating Floyd.

Willie Pep is a name that comes to mind

Comment

Voted Floyd. He had everything. Power, speed, defense, ring IQ, a full arsenal and the ability to put it all together.

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      I agree that Floyd was a beast at 130. but do you think guys that manny and marquez would've handled castillo? ( i know its at 135)
      Marquez is one of my favourite ever, but Castillo is a bad match-up for him.

Manny would probably beat him though.

Comment

i dont thing there were many in history who could beat 130 floyd. and i wouldnt bet on the 130 versions of manny and marquez beating him, thats for sure.
        Jeff Fenech would've tried.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Popovich View Post

Tough to gauge when comparing eras..but good match up nonetheless...

I would still favor Mayweather, just based off athleticism and intelligence...it would be a technical fight, but it's hard to go against Mayweather at 130 imo..

Comment

i dont think ppl really appreciate how special floyd was at 130. consider this. genaro hernandez was undefeated at the weight throughout his whole career. he is considered to be the best 130 lber of the 90s by many and hes even considered to be a top 130lber of all time. a 21 year old floyd mayweather demolished that level of fighter. absolutely destroyed.

how man fighters have ever pulled a feat off like that at the age of 21? **** u have guys like canelo alvarez fighting guys 2 weight classes below them nowadays and these same guys are considered special. floyd was the definition of special at 130.

sure there are ppl who may have beat him, the elordes and the arguellos, at that level, its impossible to say he would have been unbeatable, but to me, there arent many who would have been at that level.
            Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 07-11-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Floyd no doubt at 130. He was a stud at that weight.

Comment

Floyd by far. The late chico would tell ya that

Comment

As annoying as he is.broner could be as good as Floyd was at 130. He just needs the opponents

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                    I agree that Floyd was a beast at 130. but do you think guys that manny and marquez would've handled castillo? ( i know its at 135)
                    Hard to tell, Castillio came into the ring at 147 the first fight. Manny and JMM may not have been able to box their way out of that one. JMM maybe

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                      The guy who never lost at 130..
                      Pacquiao and Marquez level of competition>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>Floyd's level of competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X