Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Golden Boy Dig in For Lengthy Court Battle With All-Star

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo, Golden Boy Dig in For Lengthy Court Battle With All-Star

By Jake Donovan - MIAMI Day one of the long-awaited trial between All-Star Boxing, Inc. and the tag team of Saul Canelo' Alvarez and Golden Boy Promotions presented a sobering dose of reality to all involved in the case including those on hand either to report on or observe the proceedings. A day largely spent wading through a pool of 75 potential jurors...
    [Click Here To Read More]

See dont have time to negotiate with GGG, got to go to court for this case we've been delaying for the last 5 years.

Comment

This couldnt have come at a more convenient time huh GB/Canelo? Lol

Im kinda split on how to view this, im a fan Canelos matchmaking bar the Con Man lol bcuz he wants to facethe best but hes clearly reluctant to jump in there with GGG. And i favored Canelo over GGG based on style, form and opposition level..does Canelo not want to face GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        See dont have time to negotiate with GGG, got to go to court for this case we've been delaying for the last 5 years.
        Boy wasn't that convenient timing. I bet it is resolved just after GGG unifies the division and moves up.

Comment

Rooting for ASB to acquire the promotional rights to Canelo so they won't Oscar out & make the GGG fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Rooting for ASB to acquire the promotional rights to Canelo so they won't Oscar out & make the GGG fight.

never ven heard of these guys prior to their lawsuit against canelo. can they bankroll and promote the biggest fight in boxing? even cover the cost of the purses of the fighters? you tend to doubt it.

Comment

"Tortious Interference" "It's not about the money"...who are they kidding??? They're trying to get money from ALL of Canelo's fights. This company sounds like a bunch of quacks. I highly doubt Schaeffer and GB will millions didn't look at the contract and laugh. Probably says they own everybody and everything for 100 years. Their even trying take credit for Canelo being a star. I've never heard of this company before. And just looking at their website and them accepting ADS??? Tells me all I need to know.

Comment

Oscar and GBP should have settled this **** a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wlliam View Post
                  This couldnt have come at a more convenient time huh GB/Canelo? Lol

Im kinda split on how to view this, im a fan Canelos matchmaking bar the Con Man lol bcuz he wants to facethe best but hes clearly reluctant to jump in there with GGG. And i favored Canelo over GGG based on style, form and opposition level..does Canelo not want to face GGG?
                  So GB is risking their only fighter of any substance being taken away from them so that they won't have to fight ggg who they've already relinquished the belt to? A fight they don't have to make at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    "Tortious Interference" "It's not about the money"...who are they kidding??? They're trying to get money from ALL of Canelo's fights. This company sounds like a bunch of quacks. I highly doubt Schaeffer and GB will millions didn't look at the contract and laugh. Probably says they own everybody and everything for 100 years. Their even trying take credit for Canelo being a star. I've never heard of this company before. And just looking at their website and them accepting ADS??? Tells me all I need to know.
                    GB has a history of this with Pacquioa so I wouldn't put it past them to take advantage of an ignorant foreign kid to make sure they get a cut. In this case they probably thought they could just pay it out, or that All-Star's cash would run out from all the delays, but here we are.

Comment

Working...
                    X