No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erislandy Lara Takes Rematch, Beats Vanes Martirosyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    Story of Lara's career. He's hard to like and like you I agree. If no Jacobs, BJS, or hell..even a big puncher like Quillin I'd prefer over a random 160 pounder (i hope its not ironic that I say random and everyone considers quillin a random lol..bias towards kid chocolate here). Lara is the best known available. Sure...GGG is favored big but who isnt he favored big against? Think I like vouching for f ucking Lara? Lol. That's just the state of things at 160 and trying to build GGG's resume ya know?
    Okay these are fair good points, i'm with you. I agree. I wouldn't mind kid chocolate tho, maybe that's crazy. I'm interested in that fight tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
      I hope your right about Ward-Kov or Kov-Ward, whatever. It really is a very very high quality fight, but its one of those things i need to see it to believe it. I hope it does 300k buys, but imo i doubt it gets to 100k. Highly doubt it.

To the bolded:
      It definitely was not a bust. You keep using different sources for the PPV buys(which is extremely lame btw), but I've always gone with ESPN so i'm using the 150k buys. While that might sound small(agreed), it was enough for the purses of the fighters.
      It was a fail because guys like Floyd and Manny ans even Canelo were doing like 300K in there first PPVs. Floyd was actually the B-side in his PPV debut with Gatti. But he came back and did similar numbers headlining against Judah and Baldomir. So it definitely proves that GGG isn't where those guys werw starting out. And that's why he needs the hardcore community. And the hardcore community just isn't gonna support guys like Lemieux, Jacobs, and Saunders.

As for Ward-Kovalev, you're gonna be surprised. Fights like Jones-Toney were able to do in the 300K range with no mainstream support. Its a fight fans fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        He called Vanes " un pendejo" [idiot] before the fight in the dressing room and the translator heard it , smiled, and said something else .. as if the word idiot is really offensive
        Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        Yeah lol.

A lot of people are probably not aware as they don't speak Spanish but he's a horrific translator.

Seriously...who's d ick is he sucking for that job?
        Must been some good head cause he been doing that **** to many fighters for years, and the HBO guy too but not THAT bad he at least tries this dude sometimes just doesn't say wtf the fighter says at all or morphs it completely into some other ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          So your answer, who was team Ggg offered the fight by? 2 words will suffice.

I dunno how you're trying to spin this Canelo thing into a net loss for Ggg, sometimes I wonder how sincere you are. There are obviously posters here paid for their output...
          Congrats, you just reached Alex Jones territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            It was a fail because guys like Floyd and Manny ans even Canelo were doing like 300K in there first PPVs. Floyd was actually the B-side in his PPV debut with Gatti. But he came back and did similar numbers headlining against Judah and Baldomir. So it definitely proves that GGG isn't where those guys werw starting out. And that's why he needs the hardcore community. And the hardcore community just isn't gonna support guys like Lemieux, Jacobs, and Saunders.

As for Ward-Kovalev, you're gonna be surprised. Fights like Jones-Toney were able to do in the 300K range with no mainstream support. Its a fight fans fight.
            I'll give you Floyd and Manny. Even though Floyd was American, which is extremely beneficial. Canelo, however was involved with the biggest PPV(at the time), before he headlined though, so i think that is a poor example.

Are you not interested in Jacobs or Saunders?

Comment

You hit the nail on the head. I think GGG would absolutely wreck Lara. But there's also a possibility that GGG could look bad, and that's why his team doesn't want it. I think there's ZERO fear of him losing to Lara. But GGG is being marketed as this unbeatable wrecking machine. And they don't wanna risk that aura by him possibily looking human against a spoiler like Lara.
              Yeah if anyone makes GGG look average it's Lara. And, even in losing, which I think eventually GGG would catch him, Lara would definitely frustrate GGG and make him look clueless for a few rounds. Yet all GGG fanboys can come up with are excuses to not fight Lara.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash13 View Post
                to the first bolded:
                Key word almost.... After Pacquiao he started doing over a million buys as the A-side. Which is a sign of a HUGE STAR. Over a mill, and you've become something big. Agreed with the rest of it until the last bolded.

Where is the proof for this? I'm not sure how you can make this statement.
                Dude, a million PPV buys isn't the standard for being a star. Go and look up the highest non-heavyweight PPV buy rates. Cotto is a star. Canelo is a star. But neither has come close to touching a million buys without a star on the other side.

The Canelo situation. GGG refusing to fight at a catchweight. One side of me applauds GGG for not bending over, compromising his morals simply for a payday. But the other side of me that's followed this sport for two decades knows that if he wants to crossover, he's gonna have to bend over at least once to a bigger star. Pretty sure Canelo didn't wanna do 152 with Floyd. But he did to get his big fight. Pretty sure Floyd didn't wanna fight Oscar at 154 with bigass 10oz gloves, and agree to essentially sign with GBP. But he did to get his big fight. Manny almost (or maybe did) got sued for basically signing with two promoters because of the DLH fight. GGG's probably gonna have to bend over at least once. Its just how it is. Because right now he has nothing but a bunch of belts and folks patting him on them. Most of whom are gonna turn on him as soon as he loses. Or, when we keep getting the Wade type fights.

Comment

• Quote:
                  Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
                  So your answer, who was team Ggg offered the fight by? 2 words will suffice.

I dunno how you're trying to spin this Canelo thing into a net loss for Ggg, sometimes I wonder how sincere you are. There are obviously posters here paid for their output...

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Yeah I can just see it now... HeroBando Non-Info Wars
                  Ha

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    So would you like to attempt an answer? Or something else you're crying about?

Comment

Dude, a million PPV buys isn't the standard for being a star. Go and look up the highest non-heavyweight PPV buy rates. Cotto is a star. Canelo is a star. But neither has come close to touching a million buys without a star on the other side.

The Canelo situation. GGG refusing to fight at a catchweight. One side of me applauds GGG for not bending over, compromising his morals simply for a payday. But the other side of me that's followed this sport for two decades knows that if he wants to crossover, he's gonna have to bend over at least once to a bigger star. Pretty sure Canelo didn't wanna do 152 with Floyd. But he did to get his big fight. Pretty sure Floyd didn't wanna fight Oscar at 154 with bigass 10oz gloves, and agree to essentially sign with GBP. But he did to get his big fight. Manny almost (or maybe did) got sued for basically signing with two promoters because of the DLH fight. GGG's probably gonna have to bend over at least once. Its just how it is. Because right now he has nothing but a bunch of belts and folks patting him on them. Most of whom are gonna turn on him as soon as he loses. Or, when we keep getting the Wade type fights.
                      To the star part, i put HUGE in caps for a very specific reason. Crossing the million buy mark is very rare, and i think it deserves a little extra something. If your doing a million buys your officially a cross over star. Everyone knows Mayweather and Pacquiao, but i'm sure there are people who don't know Canelo or Cotto. There are clearly levels.

I'm sure GGG would agree to 158, the same 2 lb drop Canelo agreed to with Floyd. Everyone plays hardball outside the negotiation room, but i'm sure GGG will make some weight concessions. Making 155 is not one of them tho, and rightfully so.

Comment

Working...
                      X