No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto PPV Pulls in 900K Viewers, $58M in Revenue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    No ****ing way Mayweather would be interested in fighting GGG.

And no ****ing way GGG would accept a 155 CW against Canelo. Canelo was asking Cotto a 156 catchweight for the fight and Cotto forced him to 155. This because Canelo was optional. GGG IS NOT optional, he's mandatory. His opinion matters in the negotiations. Canelo was already asking for 156... he won't get away with 155 remember my word.
    I know he wouldn't but it would definitely add pressure and the public would want it more but your right its highly unlikely.

I don't know the WBC been letting Wilder off with like 3 voluntary's now. I cannot see them actually enforcing the rules and make canelo fight GGG, let alone at 160. The reality is Canelo doesn't want any of GGG and the WBC will most likely side with Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
      Golovkin's PPV bombed. Deal with it.
      You know, I'm seriously considering it.

Dealing with a lie is much easier than dealing with idiots on NSB.

Comment

He can just drop the belt until he's ready to go to 160, and just like lil g, move up a division when the coast is clear. Its the same thing lil g has just did when Ward announced that he's moving up to fight Kovalev, so how can lil g's ball washers be mad, when their hero did the same thing
        When his body grows into middleweight he will be a TWO-time middleweight champion when he decides to move up

Comment

That's awesome, but what does this say about Glaser's reputation?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Higher than I expected (~750K), but not great.
            Smfh

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            Would Rick Glaser even be relevant to anyone on earth if he didnt post low ppv numbers on twatter the day after every fight?

Comment

Canelo fans are happy he is a PPV star (although Cotto is part of it)

But try to defend the fact he can't make 154, but is sticking around at some fictional weight division of 155.

Canelo is MW champ, Lineal champ, but is too afraid to move up to 160, although he walks in the ring heavier than the guy most people feel is the true MW champ.

You can sell all the PPV you want, doesn't make you the real man to beat.

Canelo needs to man up, defend that belt at 160, or vacate it, and then continue to play tricks on his nieve countrymen who accept that 155 is actually some kind of true division.

Because the doublespeak is pathetic. I've never heard of a MW trying to drain another MW. Even when the truly smaller De La Hoya fought the truly bigger B-hop, it wasn't 1 pound above SWW.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                From the moment the fight was announced, the November 21 showdown between Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez and Miguel Cotto was one that fight fans recognized as the centerpiece of the 4th quarter boxing schedule.

Confirmation of that level of interest came in the HBO Pay-Per-View results, with the network reporting on Thursday that the telecast sold 900,000 units.
                [Click Here To Read More]

That would have to be viewed as a huge success..... surely ?

Comment

Wonderful news. I was expecting 600K so this to me is great. Kudos to Cotto and Canelo. I'm guessing Cotto clears $20m with these #'s.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                    He can just drop the belt until he's ready to go to 160, and just like lil g, move up a division when the coast is clear. Its the same thing lil g has just did when Ward announced that he's moving up to fight Kovalev, so how can lil g's ball washers be mad, when their hero did the same thing
                    When his body grows into middleweight he will be a TWO-time middleweight champion when he decides to move up
                    I don't recall GGG ever going up to 161, becoming SMW champion (lineal champ) and demanding Ward fight at 161.

I don't recall GGG ever missing weight at 160, but calling himself a 161 fighter.

You can't conflate the two situations, they are vastly different.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      i remember reading some guys saying if its under 500k its a disaster and if they did over 600k it was a success,, now the did over 900k and i wonder if they will still say it wasnt successful,,,there will alwsys be haters coming up with excuses
                      Heard the same thing, now all the HATERS are saying that it's a terrible # and it was a flop because GB predicted over a million.

One thing doesn't work out for them HATERS tweak there stance to keep HATIN LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X