Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have no idea. I think Cotto looked quite bad against Clottey, but even though hes looked good against Margarito and the likes, you have to account for them being shot to ****.

Cotto could be as good as he was in 09, and he could be significantly worse. I have no way to judge it.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      I'd say the pac version.

Yes I know floyd is fighting cotto at 154 but I never felt cotto had any business at 154 and only moved up cuz he had no one left to fight at 147 after losing to manny and the Foreman oppurtinity was too good to pass on (to win another title).

I don't think size is a factor at all with PBF vs Cotto since in my mind Cotto is welterweight fighting at JMW.
      fair point, but Cotto fought Manny at 145, not 147.

Comment

The NO-Catchweight version......

Comment

This one

+ 2 and a half years

Comment

well cotto been brutally beat two times now. Everyone was discrediting pac's win because of how Tony destroyed him. So now everyone is saying he is better after going trough two savage beatings??

Having said that I don't go that route anyway. I love this fight and I feel cotto will be competitive. But I just find it funny how floyd fans loved the word " leftover " and now flip flopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
              fair point, but Cotto fought Manny at 145, not 147.
              Doesn't phase me since he fought at 146 just the fight prior. I don't think that pound made any difference.

Comment

Pac fought Cotto 3 years ago, if you wanna call it prime Cotto go ahead, but prime or not doesn't matter to me prime Cotto or current Cotto both suck in my eyes at the elite level.

The thing is, it was 3 years ago, Cotto was closer to his prime, he was fresher, he had recently fought better fighters(and lost/draw imo)than now, Mosley(Draw), Margarito(obviously a loss), and Clottey(loss), but Mosley, Clottey, Margarito>Foreman, Mayorga, Margarito II. He's been fighting sh*it fighters and winning. He didn't impress me against neither Mayorga or Margarito II.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  Doesn't phase me since he fought at 146 just the fight prior. I don't think that pound made any difference.
                  The pound made no difference yet Team Pac scream 145 or no fight. They clearly wanted the advantage.

And if that was such a non issue for Cotto, explain why immediately in his next fight was at the full 154 weight limit?

Comment

I don't think an argument can be made that a fighter who has suffered 2 beat downs is a better version than he was after suffering one beat down. Especially being 2 years older?

Comment

first 4 rounds of that fight with Pac show Cotto was still Cotto

he lost because he admitted, he "couldnt see the punches coming"

still, he was still in his prime despite the Margarito beating

2012 Cotto may be technically better, but not as good overall

Comment

Working...
                      X