Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Open Scoring The Only Way To Save Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted no because within a day of these big fight robberies every curious boxing fan with a computer knows how each judge scored every round and that has not stopped the robberies.

Comment

No because then we will slowly see a robbery happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        I think there needs to be an un-official panel of judges as well and a "public" scoring where the fans at home vote as well or have the audience participate. This way the networks and commission can use these as comparisons so that if the scores are drastically differing from the majority, there can be an investigation like there should be.

This would be the only way to get it in check, have a system of double checking and a means of enforcing consequences.
        I like your idea of an open forum for the public, I've often thought about that, as have some friends of mine. For that exact purpose we built the website in my sig, eyeonthering.com. It aggregates fan scores. (We don't have a lot of users yet, we just launched.) We were trying to do something about it, in a small way to start.

I am not a fan of open scoring, but I like the ideas and keeping the focus on what can be done rather than complaining about how it won't change.

I think adding judges has a lot of potential. I don't know about 11, but more than 3. How many judges judge gymnastic events? (That's the only other sport I can think of that has judges right now...)

Comment

Working...
        X