Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think a 1966-'67 Ali would have struggled with Tyson's speed and power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys think a 1966-'67 Ali would have struggled with Tyson's speed and power?

I have been watching Tyson fights there, he punches with extraordinary power but also with very quick hands. He has the hand speed of Floyd Patterson and Ali no doubt, along with the power.

Ali did face hard punchers like Liston, Frazier, Lyle. Plus guys who hit harder than Tyson in Foreman and Earnie Shavers. But he never faced anyone with very quick hands combined with massive punch power. He faced Floyd Patterson who had quick hands, but not near enough the same power as Tyson.

Do you guys think Ali from 1966-1967 could have been troubled by Tyson? I'm not rating on Tyson's greatness, but regards hand speed combined with massive power he never faced anyone like Tyson in his career. Ali never faced a fighter with both those characteristics.

**** yeah even ali in his prime . Tyson wouldnt give ali enough time to figure him out or pick him apart .

I just think ali would go bye bye with a huge hook that lean back style he has is perfect for that punch .

Yes ali was the better boxer but tyson was a destroyer

Tyson vs ali with cus damato in tysons corner tyson wins 6th round brutal ko

Comment

I think Tyson has a chance against the post Prison Ali.

But a prime Ali, I don't see how Tyson would beat him. He's not going to knock him out and he's not goign to win on points.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
        **** yeah even ali in his prime . Tyson wouldnt give ali enough time to figure him out or pick him apart .

I just think ali would go bye bye with a huge hook that lean back style he has is perfect for that punch .

James "Quick" Tillis went the distance with Tyson a mere 6 months before Mike beat Berbick for the title. How is Ali not going to go the distance but Tillis could?

Comment

Tyson pressures and looks good the first few rounds till he realizes Ali isn't intimidated or going anywhere. After that Ali takes over and wins by decision or late stoppage. Tyson was a beast, but if you didn't fold early and fought back he became frustrated and his attacked slowed down a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post

Like he took out Tillis who was a very poor mans Ali ?.

Tyson's power and speed is a problem for anyone and the 1st 5 rounds would be dangerous, don't see him winning though.

Comment

Ali chops up any version of tyson, it's not even close. You're talking about a guy that got flattened by buster douglas and couldn't even stop mitch green, compared to the GOAT. LOL

Comment

Ali kicks the **** out of Tyson's *ss. Fight aint even close.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Tyson pressures and looks good the first few rounds till he realizes Ali isn't intimidated or going anywhere. After that Ali takes over and wins by decision or late stoppage. Tyson was a beast, but if you didn't fold early and fought back he became frustrated and his attacked slowed down a lot.
                  this seems quite spot on.

Quite a lot of Tysons game was getting opponents to fold mentally. It could never happen with Ali.

Comment

Can't add anymore, Everyone will struggle getting used to Tyson for 2 rounds. No matter how great they are. Ali however always worked out his opponent early on and he'd be landing those lightning straights at mid range and dancing away before Tyson gets into range and lands a combo.

Comment

Working...
                    X