Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok lads if Tyson Fury retired right now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He certainly would not be in the top 100, he already has 2 losses, 1 against John Mcdermott and 1 DQ loss against U.S.S for illegal elbows and holding while hitting.
    Best heavyweight of all time doe

Comment

Originally posted by mlac
      He certainly would not be in the top 100, he already has 2 losses, 1 against John Mcdermott and 1 DQ loss against U.S.S for illegal elbows and holding while hitting.
      Best heavyweight of all time doe
      He won both fights. Undefeated and the best HW in the world.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        Yes because those guys are 1 hit wonders just like Fury right now
        Leon Spinks yes - he is maybe not that great.

Tyson fury is hardly a 1 hit wonder. He's been in with some decent heavyweights. Went from British, European to world champion and did it with relative ease. He fought 3 world title eliminator before beating a super champion in supreme condition. He's one of only 38 guys to be lineal champion in history.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Leon Spinks yes - he is maybe not that great.

Tyson fury is hardly a 1 hit wonder. He's been in with some decent heavyweights. Went from British, European to world champion and did it with relative ease. He fought 3 world title eliminator before beating a super champion in supreme condition. He's one of only 38 guys to be lineal champion in history.
          All i am saying is let the guy continue to prove himself..he is not great at this moment

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
            He's still a top 25 hw all day long. Physically one of the most awesome specimens you will ever find. Imagine if you personally step in there with the furious one.

Bodybagged. We'd be reading your obituary.

The man has never been beaten and may never be beaten. We might be witnessing the most dominant hw champ since Joe Louis.
            There is nothing overly impressive about Fury's physique, the guy looks like an oversized potato bag.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
              All i am saying is let the guy continue to prove himself..he is not great at this moment
              Well what he did was certainly great. Being a great doesn't equate to top 100 imo.

Even though the division is steeped in history, it's seldom been a deep division.

Actually, I think current depth is one of the best we've seen in years. Certainly since the mid 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Well what he did was certainly great. Being a great doesn't equate to top 100 imo.

Even though the division is steeped in history, it's seldom been a deep division.

Actually, I think current depth is one of the best we've seen in years. Certainly since the mid 90s.
                Dude let Fury fight out his career before even speaking on his status as an all time great heavyweight.

There is some buzz right now at heavyweight but all generation of boxing fans know whats going on in the heavyweight division. Just because you know the names of guys at heavyweight doesn't make them good. I think there is lots of flaws in the heavyweight division but there is some good too. But to say well since he beat Wlad who was lineal makes fury an all time great heavyweight already is disrespectful to past fighters.

It would have been better for Fury if he closed the show and got the KO after outboxing Wlad. That's what all time greats do.

I like Fury and his awkward style but let the guy get in some defenses and let him rein at heavyweight for a few years before we anoint him an all time great heavy.

Just because he has size doesn't impress me. I look at longevity and dominance when saying I think a guy is at all time status. Fury has dominated most of his comp. but now he needs to have a long rein as champion.

Fury fanboys need to chill and let the big lug fight. If he keeps up what he is doing he will eventually go down as a all time heavy, but as of right now and just winning the title, hes just a heavyweight champ and nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                  Dude let Fury fight out his career before even speaking on his status as an all time great heavyweight.

There is some buzz right now at heavyweight but all generation of boxing fans know whats going on in the heavyweight division. Just because you know the names of guys at heavyweight doesn't make them good. I think there is lots of flaws in the heavyweight division but there is some good too. But to say well since he beat Wlad who was lineal makes fury an all time great heavyweight already is disrespectful to past fighters.

It would have been better for Fury if he closed the show and got the KO after outboxing Wlad. That's what all time greats do.

I like Fury and his awkward style but let the guy get in some defenses and let him rein at heavyweight for a few years before we anoint him an all time great heavy.

Just because he has size doesn't impress me. I look at longevity and dominance when saying I think a guy is at all time status. Fury has dominated most of his comp. but now he needs to have a long rein as champion.

Fury fanboys need to chill and let the big lug fight. If he keeps up what he is doing he will eventually go down as a all time heavy, but as of right now and just winning the title, hes just a heavyweight champ and nothing more.
                  Please rook.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post

He's not a hw champ he's THE hw champ. He beat the lineal champ easily unlike aj who fought a guy basically off the streets that was handed a title stolen from the true champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Please rook.
                      Lol, lol, lol.

You know you have nothing when you respond the way you did. Try and boy.

Anyways I'm not knocking Fury. I do like him and think he has a lot of good going for him. But as of right now and just barely winning the heavyweight title. He hasn't even defended it yet or even had a long rein. But I think it's not fair to the sport to say someone is an all time great without having a defense of your title.

Do I thin he's an all time great heavy right now? Absolutely not. But then again he's just starting his rein and if he keeps up what he is doing for a while, then he will go down as one of the greats.

Comment

Working...
                      X