No announcement yet.

Muhammed Ali sets a BBC interviewer straight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fury View Post
    He's is right. Sadly, if you say this today you get labelled as a racist.
    Kinda like how when you make threads praising Hitler you get labelled a disgusting human being?

Edit: disgusting, racist human being.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
      It's definitely wrong and I agree with you that we need to move forward with progressive and intelligent ways of thinking. But I also want to be mindful of the fact that this was a totally different time and era. That type of thinking is not productive at all I certainly don't agree with it. But I'm pretty sure Ali today does not see things in the same way he did then.
      Does he think differently? I don't know the man so I can't make that statement. He might think the same exact way he once did, we don't know and I'm sure he would never say.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520
        Quote: Originally Posted by joseph5620 It's definitely wrong and I agree with you that we need to move forward with progressive and intelligent ways of thinking. But I also want to be mindful of the fact that this was a totally different time and era. That type of thinking is not productive at all I certainly don't agree with it. But I'm pretty sure Ali today does not see things in the same way he did then. Does he think differently? I don't know the man so I can't make that statement. He might think the same exact way he once did, we don't know and I'm sure he would never say.
        Considering that he is now a Sunni Muslim I would say he does. Ali left the Nation of Islam years ago and has even sued members(Herbert Muhammad) for using his name for profit. When you look at Ali's current inner circle it's pretty obvious that he has evolved. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Last edited by joseph5620; 01-25-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Without interracial boot knockin, we would not have not Obama. Not saying he is politically the best, but his positive presence and influence on minorities is tremendous.

Comment

If the human race survives another 1000 years, we will all just be one huge mixed race.

Comment

I bet Ali looks back on moments like this and cringes.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                Kinda like how when you make threads praising Hitler you get labelled a disgusting human being?

Edit: disgusting, racist human being.
                Only if you are an ignoramus, like yourself.

Comment

He's right to this day. Interracial breeding at an uncontrollable rate can whipe out all races. But humanity isn't even close to doing that..YET. So no problem. Yet.

Comment

Don't agree with what he says. People can do whatever the **** they want, it's none of my business.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      He's right to this day. Interracial breeding at an uncontrollable rate can whipe out all races. But humanity isn't even close to doing that..YET. So no problem. Yet.
                      how can it wipe out all races?

Comment

Working...
                      X