Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Pacquiao's punching power?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMM had a lot of bruises on his face.

Pac's power hasn't gone nowhere, it's just that against skilled opponents who don't trade with him he doesn't do a lot of damage.

Originally posted by Cazadores View Post
    What do you mean? He fought two guys with actual boxing ability or not shot. Thats what happened.

He can't knock out guys who can box. Never could.
    So you don't think Cotto can box?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      I think his power is just fine. His speed has noticably slowed down and to his opponents credits they learned to box Pac and not brawl Pac.
      Yeah, this ^

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        wasn't barrera at the top of his game when pac gave him the worst beating of his career up to that point? top ten p4p and the true #1 guy at 126? also what about when pac knocked down marquez 3 times in the first round and broke his nose in the process..has anyone been able to do that to marquez since then? what about when pac utterly destroyed ledwaba who was the huge betting favourite and one of the rising stars and top guys at 122 at the time..and pac knocking out sasakul?...also what about pac still to this day being the only person to stop morales not once but twice..and being the second person to knock down mosley something a much larger and some say stronger canelo couldn't even do.
        I didn't mean that he's not a good or very good puncher, I just stated that he isn't a great puncher. He beats you with his work rate, more so than his punching power. His power was better at the lower weights than it is now. This has nothing to do with him beating this guy or that guy, because aside from Sasakul he beat all of those guys that you mentioned with his work rate, a lot more so than his power. Manny didn't really hurt Marquez much in any of their fights, Mayweather in one fight against Marquez did more damage to him than Manny did in all 3 of their fights combined. I wouldn't put too much stock into him stopping Morales because Morales had just lost every single round to Zahir Raheem and also had to come back down in weight to face Manny when he was clearly shot. When you have to badly drain yourself and come down to an unnatural weight, that decreases your ability to take a punch.
        Last edited by JK1700; 07-27-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

His power is the same, his opponets are hip to his style..They know how to negate his power..It's not that he does not have power anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            His power is the same, his opponets are hip to his style..They know how to negate his power..It's not that he does not have power anymore..
            Exactly, Manny is the same old Manny. To say otherwise is just a coping mechanism to believe that Manny is no longer great then accepting reality that his competition as of late, is perhaps better then Manny period or atleast as good.

But I believe if Manny had his gloves, this thread wouldn't exist. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              I think his power is just fine. His speed has noticably slowed down and to his opponents credits they learned to box Pac and not brawl Pac.
              Pac used to destroy guys with potshots. Look at how he easily dropped cotto, how he dropped mosley with one punch, broke margarito's face. His power is OBVIOUSLY faded. Bradley got knocked silly by Holt, I always felt pac had that alien power, it was no doubt in my mind Pac would kill him within 3 rounds, he DID stagger him allot, but he isnt as strong anymore.

Comment

Manny's punching power comes from his speed, he launches his punch with high velocity and generates tremendous force.

However at age 33, I noticed that he isn't as fast as he was in his 20s, as numerous boxing trainers pointed out, speed is the first attribute to deteriorate with age, which could explain the loss of power.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  JMM had a lot of bruises on his face.

Pac's power hasn't gone nowhere, it's just that against skilled opponents who don't trade with him he doesn't do a lot of damage.

So you don't think Cotto can box?
                  Pac destroyed Mosley with one punch, and JMM Little 40 yr old azz took his punches like it was nothing, his power IS gone. This is a guy who is known for walking down smw's, and dropping ww's with potshots.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                    Floyd got scared when Pac annihilate DLH,Hatton, Cotto, then Floyd ducks and take a lot of vacation so he can duck Pac. Then Pac take it easy with Margarito & Mosley coz he dont want to scare Floyd anymore! But Floyd still scared!

So He let JMM have his way so he can look bad. But Floyd still find excuse not to fight Pac and chose to go to Jail and then got a pass and fight Pac's leftover Cotto. Then Pac takes it easy with Bradley so to not to scare Floyd, Then the Vegas Judges got Bribed by Floyd and Robbed Pac! So after Floyd got out of his vacation cell, He has a new excuse not to fight Pac and will fight Featherfisted Bradley instead!
                    Pac lost to Little jr ww Bradley, as well as Little 40 yr old JMM. An azzwhoopin, is an azzwhoopin, he lost, get over it. Floyd doesnt even know what losing smells like. Pac is just kind of over the hill and losing to lower grade washed up opponents, or unelite opponents.

Comment

nothing happened to his power the media and fans make him out to be some super puncher but he is not he has good punching power.besides hatton who has manny put out during his reign as p4p best?margarito,cotto,clottey delahoya,mosley, marquez and bradley were all on their feet when the fights were over

Comment

Working...
                      X