Collapse
No announcement yet.

This picture is a prime example of why the Heavyweight division is a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the guy on the right looks like a little pitbull flexing. Look at his short little arms

Comment

Originally posted by Peach View Post
      So they're larger versions of Joe Frazier with the same chubby physique? And he was a top fighter. These are two random guys.

And you honestly think guys would still target 210 lbs in today's division?

lol

For that matter Ali was only ripped when he was young and too light for heavyweight, once he got to modern HW levels he was chubby.

You realize they made a "cruiserweight" division specifically for these reasons but americans ignore it because a big cliche black guy isn't the champ.
      Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      is this guy serious?? frazier nor ali looked like that at all
      This guys been watching too much of the Will Smith Ali movie, Frazier was not chubby, just because James Toney played him doesn't mean he was fat!! And Ali 90% of the time turned up in great shape! I mean at his heaviest he tipped 219 and he was a tall 6'3 how can you think he was "chubby" to compare them to Breazele and the rest of the flabby modern day heavyweights is ridiculous!

Seems like there's no grey area anymore, you're either a fat **** like the Furys or Breazeles of this world or you look like Klitschko or Joshua and are in great shape!

Comment

Yeah, Ken Norton was a fat slob too. Holyfield, Tyson, slobs!

Comment

Originally posted by Peach View Post
          Frazier was a chubby 6 footer and he was the best of the best during the "golden ages"

Ali was ripped when he was young but he was barely at the HW limit. By the time he fought as a true heavyweight he was an old chubster.

The myth of these fighters being in amazing shape comes from photos of them below 200 pounds in their early 20s. Ali won a gold medal at 178 and fought as a natual 190 without cutting. Frazier was short by the standards of today's 168/175/200 divisions much less HW.

YOU CAN'T COMPARE GUYS WHO WOULD FIGHT AT LHW/CW TODAY TO MODERN HEAVYWEIGHTS.
          i hope you know that both men were well out of their prime old and washed up when you posted those "fat" pics...............

enjoy

Comment

Out of their primes yes, old no. Ali was the same age in as Wladimir is right now.

Why did you remove one of the photos? They don't look very good in the pic you posted either considering how small they were. They should have been shredded at that weight by modern standards.

In the older pictures where they looked leaner they were barely heavyweights. Covered that. Comparing the physique of early 180-199 pound Ali to modern heavyweights makes no sense. They are not in the same division.

The talent pool was extremely tiny and non-global back then. It's no surprise that the "heavyweights" were really just aging LHWs with a few layers of pudge.
            Last edited by E. O. Wilson; 08-15-2014, 10:32 PM.

Comment

[IMG]Yeah, Ken Norton was a fat slob too. Holyfield, Tyson, slobs![/IMG]

Tyson and Holyfield aren't "vintage" in the same way as guys from the '60s and '70s.

And I didn't say all the old fighters were soft looking. they had fat slobs and ripped guys back then too. But chubbed-up 180 pounders couldn't hold a title nowadays and they could back then.

Comment

They could be "in shape" but they might just eat like crap. Just a possibility but honestly, they look like schit...imo...haha.

Comment

The man puts All You Can Eat restaurants out of business.

Comment

Guys, 85%-90% of what you look like is what you eat. The leaner a guy is/looks the cleaner he eats. You can't out train a crappy diet! Believe me, I have tried!!! Those two must live on **** food, and don't have a proper macronutrient combination, thus, they do not have aesthetically pleasing physiques. (No h0m0)
                    Last edited by Pete Nice; 08-15-2014, 11:05 PM.

Comment

They look like a bunch of Tubbies to me

Comment

Working...
                      X