Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto: "Hardest fight for me...Mayweather" "145 catchweight Pac did affect me..."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SthPaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Armed Convict

That azz whipping he took from Margarito doe

Yeah that loss was a straight up career changer.

I am a big fan of Cotto but am in no position to say which of Miguel's fights where harder, but I am surprised to hear him say it was the Mayweather fight. Especially after his post fight interview after his Pacquiao fight where he stated through a busted up face that "Manny is one of the best fighters we've had, all time" or whatever he said.

Like I said, it isn't for me, or any of us to say...But I am surprised he said that after how well he did vs Floyd. (high profile loss or not, he did good and touched Floyd up more than anyone of recent years)...
    He's setting up a rematch by kissing Floyd's ass.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

We saw what we saw on the tube but he went through it. If Canelo says that Trout was his toughest fight and the catchweight vs Floyd affected him then we gotta take his word.

There's no reason for people to cry, even though they will, because Cotto went through these fights. It's his actual words so why try to counter what he said?
      Last edited by hhs661; 03-06-2014, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Cotto's just trying to save face.

In reality, the Margarito fight was his toughest fight, because he got stopped in a beat down type of fashion. Plaster or not, that's the correct answer.

It's easy to say, "b b but I wasn't in the right shape", after you get your ass handed to you. It's easier to say, "I was in great shape for this fight" when you put on a decent performance.

Of course he's gonna say he wasn't in shape for a fight where he got absolutely embarrassed in front of millions of people. Boxers have huge egos.

Edit: LMFAO, TS just made this quote up! Cotto never said this.
        Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 03-06-2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Cotto's talking himself up, got destroyed by Pac just admit he's the better fighter, he's got an ego and tons of excuses, he's still relevant because he gave Floyd a semi competitive fight i see he's still riding of that momentum hoping plz go

Comment

Cotto said the weight DID affect him....what's to debate now?!?

I believe him....Cotto hasn't been dominated like that sense....if you think Pac would've still beat him without the cw, there's nothing wrong with that....but if you think it would still be that one sided, then that's where it's something wrong....I think Cotto is better than what we saw against Pac....that's just me though!!....if Pac fought Cotto at 154 I doubt it would be a replay of their first fight...not saying Pac wouldn't win but I think it's a totally different fight imo

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
              Cotto's just trying to save face.

In reality, the Margarito fight was his toughest fight, because he got stopped in a beat down type of fashion. Plaster or not, that's the correct answer.

It's easy to say, "b b but I wasn't in the right shape", after you get your ass handed to you. It's easier to say, "I was in great shape for this fight" when you put on a decent performance.

Of course he's gonna say he wasn't in shape for a fight where he got absolutely embarrassed in front of millions of people. Boxers have huge egos.
              Manny fans are so upset that they decide they know more about how cotto feels than he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

I believe him....Cotto hasn't been dominated like that sense....if you think Pac would've still beat him without the cw, there's nothing wrong with that....but if you think it would still be that one sided, then that's where it's something wrong....I think Cotto is better than what we saw against Pac....that's just me though!!....if Pac fought Cotto at 154 I doubt it would be a replay of their first fight...not saying Pac wouldn't win but I think it's a totally different fight imo
                Using triangle theories, I doubt Cotto would've done any better. Pac dominates Clottey and Margarito.

Cotto gets stopped by Margarito, and has a hard, tough fight with Clottey, and could have lost the fight.

Styles make fights. Cotto doesn't have the feet or upper body movement to ever beat Pac. Upper body movement being the key words. He's too stiff to not get tagged at will by Pac.

A guy like Bradley won't get steam rolled by Pac, because of his upper body movement, and his footwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post

You don't go running like the wind from the opponent weight drained for 6 rounds. That takes lots of stamina. Weight drained guys are stuck in mud mostly

Comment

145 or 147 Cotto would've lost anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Manny fans are so upset that they decide they know more about how cotto feels than he does.
                      Just using some logic, bud.

I'd say the same thing if I was Cotto, and I still wanted to sound relevant to boxing fans, before my fight with Sergio.

It sounds better to say you weren't in great shape for a fight where you got STEAM ROLLED.

It makes the fighter feel good to think that there isn't a fighter out there that can utterly embarrass them, even if they were in peak condition. It's an easier pill to swallow when you make excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X