Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else feel Dawsons chances got better changing trainers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else feel Dawsons chances got better changing trainers?

I feel him & steward where terrible for each other and Steward would have landed Dawson a worser beating then what Hopkins put on Pavlik with maybe a stoppage!

But now that Dawsons back with his old trainer I think iits a whole hell of a lot touger to call. Dawson doesn't throw alot which gives Hopkins a damn good chance in outworking which I think is what it will come down too. Can Dawson use his youth to keep Hopkins on the defensive and clinching but using his jab and reach, and length or will Hopkins do what he did to Pascal and outwork him?

I really think it's gonna be a damn tough ass fight to score. Then their will be mad controversy.

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
    I feel him & steward where terrible for each other and Steward would have landed Dawson a worser beating then what Hopkins put on Pavlik with maybe a stoppage!

But now that Dawsons back with his old trainer I think iits a whole hell of a lot touger to call. Dawson doesn't throw alot which gives Hopkins a damn good chance in outworking which I think is what it will come down too. Can Dawson use his youth to keep Hopkins on the defensive and clinching but using his jab and reach, and length or will Hopkins do what he did to Pascal and outwork him?

I really think it's gonna be a damn tough ass fight to score. Then their will be mad controversy.
    No.

If anybody needed:

"WTF are you doing?! Let your DAMN PUNCHES GO... he cant fight at your pace but YOU GOTTA THROW THE PUNCHES... SO LETS GET TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!.. You should be knocking this guy out with your skill level... STOP WASTING TIME!"

It's Dawson..........

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
      No.

If anybody needed:

"WTF are you doing?! Let your DAMN PUNCHES GO... he cant fight at your pace but YOU GOTTA THROW THE PUNCHES... SO LETS GET TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!.. You should be knocking this guy out with your skill level... STOP WASTING TIME!"

It's Dawson..........
      I agree to an extent, but for Hopkins I think Dawson needs to just do what Taylor did but outworking him with his jab on the outside. I feel like steward would just get Dawson countered all night like Pavlik.

Comment

I agree to an extent, but for Hopkins I think Dawson needs to just do what Taylor did but outworking him with his jab on the outside. I feel like steward would just get Dawson countered all night like Pavlik.
        Well considering Steward is one of the most pro-jab trainers, that doesn't make a ton of sense.

He's also an offensive styled trainer, which is exactly what Dawson needs in this fight... along with between-round motivation, otherwise he seemingly falls asleep.

No discredit to Scully of course, just speaking strictly on Steward.

Comment

Well considering Steward is one of the most pro-jab trainers, that doesn't make a ton of sense.

He's also an offensive styled trainer, which is exactly what Dawson needs in this fight... along with between-round motivation, otherwise he seemingly falls asleep.

No discredit to Scully of course, just speaking strictly on Steward.
          The thing is though Stewart I think ruined Jermain Taylor. He was great until Stewart trained him for Winky. Can't entirely blame stewart but just don't think Taylor was stewarts kind of fighter either, thats the same thing I feel with Dawson, which is my biggest arguement here.

Comment

The thing is though Stewart I think ruined Jermain Taylor. He was great until Stewart trained him for Winky. Can't entirely blame stewart but just don't think Taylor was stewarts kind of fighter either, thats the same thing I feel with Dawson, which is my biggest arguement here.
            Steward didn't ruin Taylor.

Getting KTFO 3 times in a row by elite fighters at the time, ruined him.

Comment

Steward didn't ruin Taylor.

Getting KTFO 3 times in a row by elite fighters at the time, ruined him.
              But he looked terrible against Spinks & Uma. The only fight he did decent was against Winky. He then looked better against Kelly the 2nd time which was closer then people think IMO and schooled Lacey, then schooled Froch for 12 rounds.

Comment

But he looked terrible against Spinks & Uma. The only fight he did decent was against Winky. He then looked better against Kelly the 2nd time which was closer then people think IMO and schooled Lacey, then schooled Froch for 12 rounds.
                That's not a sole trainer problem.

If Roach trained you right now, it doesn't mean you could beat Paul McCloskey.

And, if you personally trained Floyd Mayweather Jr. right now.. it doesn't mean he'd lose to Alvarez.

Comment

Scully is the right emotional choice. Obviously, the chemistry wasn't right with Steward, in which case I'm glad he hasn't gone back to rent a trainer policy - but the guy who set him on his way.

Comment

Working...
                  X