No announcement yet.

Better resume: Martinez or Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    I guess so, again my criteria is different.
    Hells yeah it is.

Comment

Martinez wins came from an overrated Paul Williams and over the hill Pavlik, watch how shietty pavlik fights on his next match and you will see what I am talking about. Hes been done since Taylor and Bhop- they already showed away how to beat him. Same goes for most overrated fighter of all time- Paul Williams.

The only difference from the two is that Donaire fought guys when they are on top

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        it's better coz you said so?.....lol...back your calim up dude!...notio's belts are as legit (except his 1115belt like sergio belt at 154) as serios' at mw....the difrenc btewwen thm is that nonito has it in twon 2 divsions and sergio has it only at one....nonito beat that better fighters too..
        Cause I said so??Dude it's a fact Martinez is a MW champ,Donaire is yet to be the champ of any div,he is only a belt holder..If ya can't understand that don't know how to make it more plain..

Comment

Not to mention he should have a KO victory over Cintron..

Comment

Its clearly a close comparison.

People need to stop with the 'one or the other is clearly better' ****.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Its clearly a close comparison.

People need to stop with the 'one or the other is clearly better' ****.
              I will admit its close,but Martinez is a champion of a div..Martinez also has big wins in a shorter time span,I believe Donaire should be 5 after JMM..

Comment

Originally posted by romebyko View Post
                I will admit its close,but Martinez is a champion of a div..Martinez also has big wins in a shorter time span,I believe Donaire should be 5 after JMM..
                I also have Donaire currently at #5.

But I wouldn't be mad if someone had him at #3.

I personally have Sergio at #3 at the moment for his wins over a widely considered P4P top 5 in Williams and the Lineal Champion at 160.

But on the other hand Donaire has very impressive wins over Vic, Sydorenko and argubally the #1 at 118 in Montiel. Along with other solid wins.

It's a really close comparison in all honesty.

Comment

Equal..........

Comment

I give the slight edge to Martinez, wins over Pwill, Pavlik, Cintron (I have to count that as a win, he got absolutely screwed twice) and a decision loss to Pwill that could've went either way, which he took on very short notice, I think its very close though, Donaire is likely to overtake him soon.

Comment

maravilla's had the tougher run and donaire's got the bigger wins (borderline HOF's on his resume with montiel and darchinyan)

maravilla's got a fighter of the year and knockout of the year under his belt as well, as well as being the legit MW world champion, which is a serious belt that's been held by some of the greatest fighters ever.

but then again donaire is putting that type of start together for 2011

we shall see

right now i'm going with maravilla because he's at a later stage

but donaire's got the bigger upside in terms of talent and time frame and skills

Comment

Working...
                      X