Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much would Khan's durability improve if he were a 147lbs fighter ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His defence is what needs looking at. If he moved to 147 then he gets ****ed up by the bigger punches. Offensively he can match anyone in the Lightweight division, but his defence is horrible and so is his punch resistance.

Comment

It wouldn't, a glass jaw is a glass jaw.

he's been hit clean and flattened in more than one fight now.

he has great skills so it's a shame.

Comment

The thing is he is only 21.

Much is being made of the Scot Appleby fighting good opposition at such a young age but in fairness to Khan he has fought much better opposition than that and their the same age.

Is it completely out of the question that his punch resistance could improve? Getting banged up at the wild card gym can only help. In how he deals with taking heavy punches.

lets face it over here any one of us would probably be allowed to jump in the ring and have Khan beat us up.

Comment

To be fair, it's not just his chin that's bad, his instaincts are terrible too.

Watch after he gets caught by Prescott the first time, he flaps his arms around and leaves himself wide open.

That is going to be more of a problem than his chin, because everyone gets tagged eventually, and if your natural instainct is to drop your guard, it doesn't matter how good your chin is, you're gunna get tagged again and again until you go down hard.

Khan is just not a natural fighter, it isn't in his blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
            how much would Khan's durability improve if he were a 140,147lbs fighter ?i think he might had a lot of problems with the weight if you think back to the Gary St Clair fight he looked tired during that fight and i put that down to weight drain etc dont get me wrong Khan does not have a good chin and he will never a good chin but i do think the weight was killing him anybody see him on Ricky Speaks the guy looked twice the size of Hatton and Hatton is the natural 140lbs fighter

Khan looks the natural size of a 147 lbs imo he is the biggest LW ive ever seen

Tito and Dela Hoya both had trouble at the lower weight due to killing themselves to make the weight so maybe it maybe a better idea for Khan to move up but then again look at the competition at WW

what do you think i say move upto 140lbs at least
            The guy was getting dropped in the AMs.. with the 16 ounce gloves and head gear.. NOTHING will help the guy.. his chin is glass

Comment

Working...
            X