No announcement yet.

Provodnikov vs Khan @ 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    That little lightweight was far quicker than Ruslan Providnikov. Honestly, I think he's one of the slowest fighters I've ever seen.

Bradley had no business getting into a war with him or even getting inside with him. It's no wonder his trainer was going crazy.
    You right he shouldnt have got into a war. We both know thats what the casual fans want though. They want bloodshed and he gave it to them at the risk of his health. Bradley could have moved and boxed Ruslan same way he did Abregu and people would have been on this forum spitting venom saying he boring. I had to check this dude at the fight yesterday during the mid rounds he was tryin to say it was boring. I was like " Man you saying that because you wanna see Bradley get hit and lose. He playin the drums on Ruslan's head". The russians around me was all quiet.
    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 03-17-2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Khan will look superb and outbox him for the first 4 or 5 rounds, then things will get ugly when Ruslan's punches start finding their target. Ruslan by 7-9th KO.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Garcia is a counterpuncher that was able to perfectly time Khan. Provo is a brawler. HUGE difference and horrible comparison.
        A counter puncher? BARELY. Kiaba will disagree with you too. Plus when you're trading like Khan does there's no need to have any counter punching abilities. Just swing with the guy and his chin will give out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          A counter puncher? BARELY. Kiaba will disagree with you too. Plus when you're trading like Khan does there's no need to have any counter punching abilities. Just swing with the guy and his chin will give out.
          Huh? Garcia was timing Khan early on in the fight and caught him with a perfectly timed counter left hook.

You can't compare Garcia to Provodnikov. Period.

It's a horrible comparison.

Comment

Garcia is a counterpuncher that was able to perfectly time Khan. Provo is a brawler. HUGE difference and horrible comparison.
            Peterson is not a good counterpuncher and put his hands on Khan all night long. No great footwork either, he just walked casually like he was in his kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
              Haha thats real talk right there. Any boxer who seen the tape knows you walk threw his Mcflurries to get at that glass jaw. Danny Garcia could probably right a book on it. Presscott would write the introduction.

Comment

khans isnt as smart, skilled or durable as bradley and gets slept in 5. provodnikov cuts the ring off pretty well when he decides to crank up the pace and while he is slow hes got good timing. hes good at punching with his opponent and landing in exchanges.

khan cant control someone without cranking up the pace, so whenever he fights a pressure fighter he wears himself out and ends up standing right in front of them despite the fact that he has zero in fighting ability.

with provodnikovs constant pressure and reasonable ability to cut of the ring i dont see khan staying out of harms way, to cap things off hes vulnerable to looping punches.

provodnikov in 5.

Comment

Huh? Garcia was timing Khan early on in the fight and caught him with a perfectly timed counter left hook.

You can't compare Garcia to Provodnikov. Period.

It's a horrible comparison.
                  You're right that Garcia was timing him from jump, but even-though he has very quick hands, Khan is pretty predictable (and flawed) offensively and can be timed repeatedly and with the same two punches: left hook and looping right.

I think Khan/Ruslan would look similar to Khan's bouts with Maidana and Peterson. Difference is, Ruslan is shorter and will find it a bit easier to get under Khan's shots and come over the top. He has a bit better technique than Maidana did, and has more pop than Peterson. I think Peterson is better defensively, and if Ruslan can't avoid enough of Khan's punches or stop him early, he could possibly get stopped on cuts. It's possible that Khan fucks around on the inside and gets KO'ed in the process. Khan got up multiple times against Garcia, but I don't think Khan will be able to make the ten count once he hits the deck against Provodnikov.

It would be a very entertaining fight that could play out in many ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Peterson is not a good counterpuncher and put his hands on Khan all night long. No great footwork either, he just walked casually like he was in his kitchen.
                    Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    You're right that Garcia was timing him from jump, but even-though he has very quick hands, Khan is pretty predictable (and flawed) offensively and can be timed repeatedly and with the same two punches: left hook and looping right.

I think Khan/Ruslan would look similar to Khan's bouts with Maidana and Peterson. Difference is, Ruslan is shorter and will find it a bit easier to get under Khan's shots and come over the top. He has a bit better technique than Maidana did, and has more pop than Peterson. I think Peterson is better defensively, and if Ruslan can't avoid enough of Khan's punches or stop him early, he could possibly get stopped on cuts. It's possible that Khan fucks around on the inside and gets KO'ed in the process. Khan got up multiple times against Garcia, but I don't think Khan will be able to make the ten count once he hits the deck against Provodnikov.

It would be a very entertaining fight that could play out in many ways.
                    I don't like the Peterson comparison.

Peterson commits to the body. Provodnikov doesn't. One of the biggest strengths in Peterson's game. Peterson is the more skilled inside fighter. He knows how to work his way inside by using his jab and head movement. He deals with movement well. He dealt with Khan's movement much better than Provodnikov did with Bradley's movement last night. When Bradley moved and boxed, Provodnikov was lost. He swept the middle rounds. Provodnikov only had success when Bradley was a stationary target. He needs to have his feet planted.

Maidana is a good comparison and I can see this fight playing out similar to that one.

Comment

I don't like the Peterson comparison.

Peterson commits to the body. Provodnikov doesn't. One of the biggest strengths in Peterson's game. Peterson is the more skilled inside fighter. He knows how to work his way inside by using his jab and head movement. He deals with movement well. He dealt with Khan's movement much better than Provodnikov did with Bradley's movement last night. When Bradley moved and boxed, Provodnikov was lost. He swept the middle rounds. Provodnikov only had success when Bradley was a stationary target. He needs to have his feet planted.

Maidana is a good comparison and I can see this fight playing out similar to that one.
                      I think Khan's height advantage and lack of torso movement will motivate Provodnikov to aim for the body much more than he did against Bradley. He's not dedicated to body-punching like Peterson is, but if he was smart, it's something that he will incorporate into his game-plan.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X