Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanderlei Silva retires!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard he told the commission drug tester he was going to the bathroom then slipped out the back door? If true LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LSKennedy View Post
      the most obvious example of a juice head. we can never know how 'great' he really was.
      roids were legal for everyone in pride, the playing field was even.

Comment

They weren't merely "legal", it's come out that the owners of Pride and other Japanese orgs would actually request in a fighter's contract that they take steroids to maintain an intimidating appearance. There was a fighter on Joe Rogan's show that talked about it... I forget his name.

So yeah literally everyone was on them.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
          I heard he told the commission drug tester he was going to the bathroom then slipped out the back door? If true LOL
          He said that the tester was english so he couldn't understand him and wouldn't take the test as a result.. this was at the gym too.. in ****ing America.. i guess he couldn't get someone to translate..

But then he changed his story and said he was taking diuretics for an injury and thought he would fail as a result..

The guy is a liar..

I am no fan of Dana White or the UFC.. but Silva has handled himself very badly and comes of as very bitter and just appears to be lashing out to cover the fact that he was roiding (probably again).. that he ran from a drug test and never wanted to fight Sonnen.

Pride had a history of treating fighters like **** so not sure were he is going with that.. he probably loves them so much because he was allowed to be roided to the gills and got favourable draws in the tournaments

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
            Disgusting.. and i saw Rampage pay his respects to Wand..

He was stood outside by his massive pool.. in a lovely Garden.. with his name engraved in the slabs by the pool.. Dat UFC money is so bad man..

Wand ****ed around the last year.. didn't even sign to fight Chael (that was his excuse for running).. and basically talked all kinds of trash about wanting the fight but his actions showed the complete opposite

I thought UFC actually treated him well.. and he lived of his Pride legend for quite sometime.. he could quite easily have been released given his record.
            everything is relative. you have to take into account how much the company earns and how much of that is thanks to the employee in question. the ufc earns boatloads of money and none of it would be possible without the fighters.

they are the ones working hardest on a day to day basis, they are the ones getting hit and putting their health on the line, they are the ones the customers pay to see and they are the ones with the briefest time to earn money and the most expenses as a result of what they do.

in conclusion, the majority of income from each event should be spent on the fighters salaries rather than the suits salaries. yet thats not the case.

DC was making 9 grand to fight jones, an event thats going to make millions. yet one of the stars is making 9 ****ing grand. sure, 9 grand is a good pay day for most people, great even. but most people arent generating millions of dollars like DC just so some suit can take home most of it. nor are they putting in the same work to generate that money or taking the risks.

edit: not to mention rampage got that a-team money too, among other ventures.
            Last edited by #1Assassin; 09-27-2014, 12:15 PM.

Comment

It's obvious the guy was roiding, especially in PRIDE. Look at how he looked vs Brian Stann, listen I'm a huge fan of the guy but take responsibility and admit what you did was wrong. If you don't want to fight because you're injured, then DON'T FIGHT. I've never heard the UFC say bad things about him before this and hell they didn't even say many bad things before Wanderlei started firing at them, Dana just said you can't do that, it looks fishy and the commission will go hard on him.

Wanderlei is complaining now when things aren't going his way but why did he NEVER speak up when he was in the UFC? When Tito had his beef with Dana, Wanderlei did not back him at all and backed the UFC and Dana. The UFC DOES pay pretty badly, unless you are an ELITE fighter. I mean look at these journeymen boxers in the UK, they get paid more than most of the UFCs best.

Comment

So does anyone pay well in MMA? Bellator? One FC perhaps? If not, then why don't the fighters start some kind of union and fight back on this? Hell, they did a whole report on ESPN on fighter pay, so it must be pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  So does anyone pay well in MMA? Bellator? One FC perhaps? If not, then why don't the fighters start some kind of union and fight back on this? Hell, they did a whole report on ESPN on fighter pay, so it must be pretty bad.
                  The UFC only pays the top stars well. Zuffa won't let their fighters form a union, they're very against it. If the top fighters got together and did it, maybe but they're doing well financially, so why would they risk that?

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    The UFC only pays the top stars well. Zuffa won't let their fighters form a union, they're very against it. If the top fighters got together and did it, maybe but they're doing well financially, so why would they risk that?
                    the ufc pays fighter more than they say, for example it said couture only made 250k but dana gave him a million in the locker, this was all said when they had their lawsuit
                    they dont disclose full payments because i guess they dont wanna be taxed, im not sure how they get away with that, but point is if you see someone known who is making peanuts( mark hunt pay was around 30k iirc) chances are they are getting a huge bonus

Comment

UFC is a private company so they might as well use their rights. And Dana once said that another reason they don't disclose full payments is to keep the leeches away from the sport as much as possible. Boxing for instance have their salaries known in the media and as we know it's full of leeches and sketchy people trying to screw the fighters over. If MMA stays known as this low income sport where the fighters get low balled, it's actually only better for them in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                      X