No announcement yet.

how did james toney manage to have decent stamina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
    Why did it take almost 10 posts before anyone pointed out that he was a steroid/PED abuser? Who knows what kind of other drugs he did.
    I think I saw him and Chavez Jr. chillin the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by GAME2010 View Post
      even though he was so fat and out of shape

is it because of his work rate or just naturally fit
      Doesn't move much but sometimes it's not how good of a shape your in it's how relax you are and his breathing techniques are superb that is why.

Comment

Steroid use aside many on here hit the nail on the head. Without knowing it (or maybe he did) Toney used his "chi" in the ring.

I've been using this for my running recently & the improvement has been outstanding. Relax, don't tense up & let your force guide you.

Sounds all very Obi Wan Kanoebe (sic) like but it's working for me.

Comment

Staying relaxed like many said, also he never used much footwork really. I hear he used to spar 18 rounds with different sparring partners.

Hes always trained like a beast, I just don't think he was that keen on the diet/nutritional aspect though I don't recall him ever coming in missing weight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX.. View Post
            How many people on here can do this?
            I can and without PEDs! Crossfit!

Comment

did some more research on this.. i heard he just sparred to get in fighting shape so thats why he did so well when he fought cos he trained the exact way he was gonna box and thats sparring

Comment

Just remember Toney the youngest MW champ in the world... he was never a good HW, he's just a smaller guy who became lazy and fat. And nowadays quite possibly brain damaged.

Comment

Working...
                X