No announcement yet.

Eubank Jr - Is he the real deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eubank Jr - Is he the real deal?

I want a quick gut shot answer. You're on the spot, what do you think?

Is Eubank Jr the real deal, will he be world champ? Will he ever make anyone's P4P list?

No.

Purely based on the fact very few fighters make it to the top and its too early to tell. Hes good, but world class level isnt even in sight yet.

Comment

He is still young, didn't have much of an amateur career, has a good team but I just don't think much of him.
      He is just living off his fathers name.

Comment

Yes.

He's made a very good start to his professional career and is progressing better than any other British prospect. These hard fights can only make him stronger and his talent is evident.

Don't think he's got his Dad's power but definitely has fast hands and an unorthodox style. I hope he's inherited the chin too!

I do worry though, that because of who his Dad is he believes his own hype and gets lazy in training. I'm sure his Dad will do his best to keep him on the right path but only Jr can walk it. He doesn't look like the finished article but the potential and enthusiasm is there and at the age of 23, he's got plenty of time to refine.

Can't see Top 10 P4P material in him but a world champion?

I think so.

Comment

I would say yes he will be World Champ.

The lack of power does not help him but at the same time he is not feather fisted either.

Looks very talented, throws every shot in the book. I expect him to reach the top...

Comment

Europeon level imo, but him being the son of a famous boxer i think he'll do better than expected

Comment

No, he doesn't have the power.

Comment

My gut feeling is No, unfortunately.

I like Sr, and he seems to a big say in what goes on around his kid, so that can only be a good thing with his experience.. Jr seems to have the team around him already.

I just dont see Jr reaching the top, I know he is still developing but he looks sloppy, he's not very accurate and he's too easy to hit for me. Sure, all this can be ironed out over time but my gut still says No.

Comment

He's had 6 pro fights against nobodies...that makes him a nobody at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    I do worry though, that because of who his Dad is he believes his own hype and gets lazy in training. I'm sure his Dad will do his best to keep him on the right path but only Jr can walk it. He doesn't look like the finished article but the potential and enthusiasm is there and at the age of 23, he's got plenty of time to refine.

Can't see Top 10 P4P material in him but a world champion?

I think so.
                    He seems pretty grounded and follows his Dad's advice to the letter.

I too think he can become world champion, but might be a late developer.

Never a pound for pounder, but then many would say that about Ricky Burns too but his discipline and perseverance arguably has him only a win over Broner off it.

Comment

Working...
                    X