Collapse
No announcement yet.

North vs South: John Murray vs Kevin Mitchell Official Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should give Warren credit for putting together an excellent card for today.

Murray-Mitchell: looks like an even matchup

Burns-Cook: I'd pick Burns, but this will be competitive too

Bellew-McKenzie: Some real animosity between them, it should be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      We should give Warren credit for putting together an excellent card for today.

Murray-Mitchell: looks like an even matchup

Burns-Cook: I'd pick Burns, but this will be competitive too

Bellew-McKenzie: Some real animosity between them, it should be a good one
      U know what Frank has Really up'd his game of late, i was worried that Chunky losing would have scared him into protective mode again!

These fights are all legit, damn near 50/50's

Comment

Is Woodhouse/Gavin not also on the same card?

Comment

Yep, it is on the same card.

Comment

I know the Gavin result.....

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz View Post
              See sig for prediction.

Thank goodness Kevin got rid of that hideous chest-hair.
              Sheeeeeeeeeesh, even the custom version of 'Johnny B. Goode' this pug walks out to is 10th rate.

C'mon, Kev, smash this mother****er out of the delusions they've been feeding him.
              Kevin throws hard punches, short ones and straight ones. Murray's head is just a big, stationary bullseye. Don't see how Kevin can lose this, I really don't.
              I said it about Murray. Just a weak British/EBU titlist. Not good or powerful enough to take real advantage of the holes in Mitchell's defensive technique on the ropes and too easy to hit.

Great short left hook to flop Murray. Anyone who ever saw Mitchell beat Carl Ingemar 3 years ago knew the size of his heart. It was just his mentality and prepaartion in question here. I don't even think he was at his best in this fight, but Murray was never beating him, too great a talent differential.

Only thing I'm surprised about is it went a couple rounds longer than I thought, I was thinking Kevin in 6.

And, Sparked_1985,

Katsidis smashes Kevin again on that form.

It's a start, though, a hugely encouraging move in the right direction for Mitchell - hopefully, just maybe, it galvanizes him to a higher level.

Comment

This fight redeemed my night.

****ing Nicky Cook cost my 150 Quid with his bull**** injury.

I have an accumaltor still in play now Mitchell beat Murray.

W.Klitschko
                Brook
                Cloud
                Mitchell
                Green
                Chisora.

All I need now is Green to beat Tarver and Chisora to beat Fury.

Loved Mitchell beating the piss out of Murray tonight.

Comment

All aside, though, great, exciting fight.

Murray gave it the effort of his life, great kudos for that, but he was just out of his league. A sharper Mitchell takes him out earlier, IMO.

Comment

Out classed, plain & simple, shame as his heart was well and truly in it, unlike various other fighters. Mitchell surprised us, he was sharper, faster, good lateral movement, the right game plan and used what seems to be a very big factor lately in boxing 'tactics'.

Make no mistake however, he IS NOT, and never will be a world champion, I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Konitz
                      Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      Comments Thread For: John Murray Looking To Take Ricky Hatton's Throne

JOHN MURRAY is ready to turn his dream into reality by taking over the throne vacated by Ricky Hatton.

[Click Here To Read More]
                      Murray's looking to take Hatton's throne, but Ricky's been spending an awful lot of time sat on it lately - it's his vindaloo and pints diet, you see.

When good ol' Ricky finally vacates the throne, Murray will need to bring some Glade and Domestos with him if he wants to take it over without getting knocked out.

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                      they have to send him to train in america ...like nowww
                      I agree, Mitchell should go back to America and train. While Murray should just work on the trains after Kev flattens him, emptying rubbish bins or even inspecting tickets.
                      Funn fight, kudos for the big heart, John Murray. But I'm just so, so happy to see him boned, owned and dethroned. One less underskilled, non-world class guy for Warren, Sky and the tabs to fool the public with.

We'll see the back of CON MURRAY as a trumpeted 'world-class attraction' now, thank goodness.

Englishmen need to start setting higher standards for themselves finally, instead of just muddling by with a bit of moxie and a huge slice of self-entitlement.

Actual talent and skill prevailed this evening.

Great night, great night.

Better work like you've never worked before if Bam is your next target, Kev! I'll be supporting!

Comment

Working...
                      X