let's be real khan had looked past peterson thats why he lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's be real khan had looked past peterson thats why he lost

it happens so often in boxing

when oscar had his mind on the fight with bernard he had to get past sturm first he overlooked him and sturm had other ideas as to how the fight was gonna go

remember when sweet pea had one eye on the de la hoya mega fight when he fought Diosbelys Hurtado he overlooked him and nearly lost because of it

khan had his eye on mayweather and took his eyes of the task at hand which proved to be a huge mistake

let's stop making excuses blaming hometown advantage or the ref he had his eyes on the big money fight and just expected to blow away peterson but lamont like sturm did that night against dlh had other ideas

im british btw and was very pro khan coming into this but he lost a close fight lets not get too excited here

also why all the love for khan and not peterson in the first place?

if anything peterson represents the everyday guy who works hard and reaps the beneifts of hard work and dedication khan has had everything fall into his lap he's been picked up by tv networks due to his amateur success in the olympics had the biggest promoter in the uk protect him all the way to the top then hooks up with one of the best trainers in the sport and becomes HBO/ Golden Boy's new wonder kid and has everything handed to him

peterson grew up on the streets and had to work for everything he's got he hasn't had the advantages that khan has had yet he has become a world champion

people should be commending his efforts and admitting that khan took him lightly and paid for it

take away your hate for khan and admiration for peterson and score the fight.

khan clearly woneven despite the deductions.

having said that khan seriously needs to lose his ego in the ring, stop overlooking his opponents and learn to correct his awful infighting.

khan beats peterson in a re-match even if its in DC

Comment

Look, I had Khan winning 114-111. But let's be real. Khan's inside game is non existent, and that's why the fight was so close.

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post

having said that khan seriously needs to lose his ego in the ring, stop overlooking his opponents and learn to correct his awful infighting.

Yeah I hope this "loss" will deflate amir's big ego...

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post

oh i agree totally

he has all the advatages over peterson im just making the point that regardless of how close the fight was because in truth it could have gone either way i believe he overlooked peterson and thats why he lost

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
            Look, I had Khan winning 114-111. But let's be real. Khan's inside game is non existent, and that's why the fight was so close.
            Who is gonna teach him how to fight inside? Because if that problem is not resolved by the next fight he will be in major trouble.

Comment

Working...
            X