No announcement yet.

Mississippi is Fattest Yank State

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
    Southern eggs lubed in the pan with Bacon grease yes.

Eggs are made immediately after while the pan is greasy and hot.
    You cook the bacon and put the eggs right on top when the bacon's done, or do they actually save and store the grease?

I've been in southern kitchens that had a little container of grease, but I didn't feel like asking for explanations.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
      Don't they keep their own grease from cooking meat too?

The frying would be ok if you used a light Crisco or something, but if you're using pure grease animal fat . . . .
      From my experience....When my grandmother (may God rest her soul) use to fry her fish, shrimp, tomatoes, and okra....She would use the same cooking oil but it was all cooked in the same day...I'm going to be honest here...I have some country ass relatives that recycle the used cooking oil....Its not only unhealthy but it has a funny taste to it. I found myself getting sick when I use to eat some of their food...I had to distant myself from good ole' southern cooking....That **** will blow you up.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
        You cook the bacon and put the eggs right on top when the bacon's done, or do they actually save and store the grease?

I've been in southern kitchens that had a little container of grease, but I didn't feel like asking for explanations.
        Well usually there's a thing full of peanut oil around for frying.

Some people might filter and recycle their oil..........I was referring more to them taking the strips out of the pan and leaving the grease..........then pouring the scrambled egg mix in the pan.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

I saw that today was gonna post it lol

Comment

These people need to lay down fatty foods and start hittin the pipe

Comment

Working...
            X