Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badr Hari retires from kickboxing and will be heading to the US for a boxing career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a lot of Thai Kickboxer's graduate to boxing after their kickboxing careers usually starting at very young age ...

Comment

physically he is a very talented guy

he's just a bit of a bonehead.

Comment

he's supposedly meeting up with Nazim Richardson, he's a bit of a hot head but one of the most talented in kickboxing history - he's got a lot to learn though,

Comment

A natural fighter thats for sure, would beat any boxer of current in a streetfight but i dont think boxing will be his cuppa tea.

Comment

WTF? I just read that he was fighting Gokhan Saki? Damn.

Comment

Oh, he still is. Good. I'm so excited for that match.

Comment

The good thing with him is he's a born fighter. It's in his blood. He's not a paycheck fighter like Floyd. He's also got more personality than the entire HW division put together, so he could bring some excitement to the division if he transitions smoothly. Other than the K2, there's few guys with his size and athleticism so I think it's a good thing for boxing if can be successful. He's like David Haye with balls.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos View Post
                  If he gets a good trainer who tightens up his defense he'll easily be top 10.
                  How can you be so sure about that? He's a dope kickboxer but boxing is a different sport. He's not a very good boxer compared to pro boxers. He won't easily be a top 10 fighter. We don't even know about his stamina. I bet several rough journeymen will beat the crap out of him when he gets to that stage after knocking out some tomato cans. He's a natural aggressive man so he'll get hit a lot no matter how much he learn defense and we all know he doesn't have the best chin in the world.

I can see him get frustrated when he's up against someone he can't blast away and go crazy start kicking, acting a fool and get banned from the sport.

Comment

he has the size and some heavy hands,hope he does well

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                      How can you be so sure about that? He's a dope kickboxer but boxing is a different sport. He's not a very good boxer compared to pro boxers. He won't easily be a top 10 fighter. We don't even know about his stamina. I bet several rough journeymen will beat the crap out of him when he gets to that stage after knocking out some tomato cans. He's a natural aggressive man so he'll get hit a lot no matter how much he learn defense and we all know he doesn't have the best chin in the world.

I can see him get frustrated when he's up against someone he can't blast away and go crazy start kicking, acting a fool and get banned from the sport.
                      Based on his size and aggressiveness, I personally think if he tightens up his defense he could be top 10. I look at him compared to Wlad and the main difference is discipline and defense. They're the same height and almost the same size and both very athletic. Both have heavy hands and suspect chins. 10 years ago no one thought Wlad could become the dominant champ he is today because of his chin. Once Steward started to teach him defense and how to fight tall he became untouchable. Whether Hari can do the same remains to be seen, but the he's got the heavy hands, the size and athleticism so for me it definitely possible.

Comment

Working...
                      X