Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG vs Floyd at 154 or 155 who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd will have too summon his ricky hatton type of performance too withstand the onslaught and he will be forced too trade some bc ggg cuts off ring beautifully
    - Those lead rights will have ggg thinking n adjusting man what a fight

Comment

Do not know if the weight would weaken Govolkin but I think he would be too strong for Mayweather.

Comment

GGG wins another easy fight by KO. So far the better his opponent the faster he gets them out of there. I have been saying for the last two years that GGG will beat everyone under 175 including Ward. He is a great boxer and a great puncher with an iron jaw. GGG said he can make 154 with no problem and he would be happy to do so for a big fight. I believe him. How does he beat Floyd? He hits him on the jaw much harder than Mosley did and pounds away until Mayweather goes down and stays down. Mayweather can't hurt him or outbox him over 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          Be honest , non bias. Or get out.

Break it down as if it were signed , dont bring garbage in this . If it were signed who wins?
          Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
          'TBE' will never fight him
          Way to follow thread instructions, genius.

Anyway... Assuming that GGG can make the weight without being drained, I don't know. Floyd showed signs of age against Maidana, I'm not so sure he'd handle the pressure and power so well. I mean of course he can box GGG's ears off but GGG might be able to neutralize it. GGG would also have a huge size advantage.

That said, GGG would be a fool to move down a weight class because time and time again we've seen fighters ruin themselves like that.

Comment

"TBE" on the good boy list.

"Good boy, Floyd. Good boy."

Comment

Floydiots - "He a small welterweight....why he picking on him? Why doesnt he fight the non fighting Ward? Yeah Derp"

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                Floydiots - "He a small welterweight....why he picking on him? Why doesnt he fight the non fighting Ward? Yeah Derp"
                Small welter is pushing it obviously. But they would have a point. Floyd is no middleweight and GGG really could ruin himself by trying to make weight. He should focus on fighting top middleweights and if he runs out of challenges, he should move up to 168. Obviously, he should test the waters first before fighting the best fighter in the division.

But of course, like many other fighters, he wants the Floyd lottery ticket. I mean even Hopkins said he'd move down in weight to fight him. That is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Small welter is pushing it obviously. But they would have a point. Floyd is no middleweight and GGG really could ruin himself by trying to make weight. He should focus on fighting top middleweights and if he runs out of challenges, he should move up to 168. Obviously, he should test the waters first before fighting the best fighter in the division.

But of course, like many other fighters, he wants the Floyd lottery ticket. I mean even Hopkins said he'd move down in weight to fight him. That is ridiculous.
                  It really isnt a wild stretch for the MW champ to come down and fight the LMW champ is it. Forget the names involved, forget its floyd....you can do it.

Comment

I'm a Floyd fan, but GGG beats Floyd at this point in their careers. Not because he's more skillful, but Floyd's age and he has slipped slightly in terms of athleticism. Had this been Floyd from, say, three years ago I'd give Floyd the edge because he'd still have the speed, timing, and stamina to deal with GGG for a full 12 rounds. Floyd's a little guy (height and size wise) and GGG is a beast. If he punishes those larger guys at Middleweight, he will wreck Floyd's tiny frame. At this point in his career, Floyd doesn't have the reflexes to avoid the sustained, intelligent onslaught Triple G will dish out. He can handle a fighter like Maidana but that comparison is really irrelavant. Maidana is certainly a big puncher he and Floyd are relatively the same size (a power that Floyd is used to dealing with, a la Shane Mosley) and I would't say he's a smarter fighter than GGG.

If GGG can make the weight COMFORTABLY, I say TKO in 6-8 rds with size, power, and effective pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      It really isnt a wild stretch for the MW champ to come down and fight the LMW champ is it. Forget the names involved, forget its floyd....you can do it.
                      If GGG can make the weight without getting weight drained, I wouldn't object to the fight. Unfortunately there's no way to tell unless he tries it. I would recommend a catch weight of like 157-158 instead of 154-155.

You have to understand: Unlike Floyd-joys, my concern isn't Floyd's squeaky clean record. Its the fact that GGG could potentially ruin himself by dropping a weight class.

Comment

Working...
                      X