Collapse
No announcement yet.

71 Ali vs Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So take speed and reach from Frazier and make him easier to cut?

He'd barely touch Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      Yes and your there and I'm here hahahaha!!! Is there a reason you can't answer these simple questions? So sonny where do you train?? Who have you worked with? Where is YOUR BOXING GYM? Can't you answer the question? Is name calling your job? Do you actually have a job? Theres a few here who think they run the roost, you don't!! You don't have any actual experiences in the sport thats why your relagated to calling out names and trying to insult people who challenge your validity. Your a nobody who knows no one in the sport and never has known anyone. Those are the facts because boxing veterans don't name call and berate others in the same work force their in. Theres alot of respect in this business unless your listening to sales promo crap and thinking its reality. Done with you, your one of those all mouths no substance kids. So answer the simple questions and let us hear how you established your credentials!!
      tell us lil' guy how you know so much? Ray
      Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      I don't insult anyones offerings I just state my opinion about fighters and boxing. Theres quite a few that I actually know and knew and if you can't understand that by listening to my comments thats your problem. I'm not posting pics of me and your idols just to please kids like you. I worked for Ali Productions so I know something about that promotion that busted him. I'm not telling names because its none of your business but that doesn't mean I don't know what I know. I met Ali a number of times and I have pics of him with Joe Louis and joes sparring partner Georgie Fitch, a friend of mine. I need to post my personal property so some punk kid in Scotland to say gee wiz you knew them???? Your so opinionated you don't even recognize the words from someone who was viable in the sport, you think I'm a fan like you!!! I don't place myself anywheres, you do!!! You just can't accept me for who I am, a veteran trainer/cornerman who has a lot of experience in the sport. Should I name names to impress you??? Just bi-pass me and I'll do the same with you. At my age I just don't need to converse with disrespectfull kids like yourself. I don't see people ALL getting along well I do see a handfull of people get insulting when their opinions are challenged or simply differ from others, your one of those cry babies. Nite sonny. Ray
      I'm gonna let you know right now, you're walking on thin ice. If you keep insulting posters and acting all high and mighty you're going to get axed from this section. State you opinions on boxing, nobody cares about your so called credentials.

Comment

I give Marciano a better shot than most. He'd do better than Bonavena, who Ali looked like crap against prior to Frazier. And Frazier won wide too. So I don't see Ali dominating this. I'm not high on either to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
          I give Marciano a better shot than most. He'd do better than Bonavena, who Ali looked like crap against prior to Frazier. And Frazier won wide too. So I don't see Ali dominating this. I'm not high on either to be honest.
          Frazier didn't win too wide in my opinion. I think I had him winning by 2 rounds/3points.

Comment

I'd say it would be very hard to say what would happen if the two had met whilst in their absolute prime. I do believe lots of people underestimate Rocky because they believe he hadn't fought a lot of world beaters in his era. But I don't care what anyone says. 49-0 is 49-0 no matter what. You have to give the man credit for his record.

If you think about it, the era couldn't have been that dull. Many of the fighters Joe Louis had fought were still around in Rocky's era. They may have been older but they were still pretty damn good. Jersey Joe Walcott had given him the fight of his life for 13 rounds before The Rock finally caught up with him in the 13th. You know, thats another reason we should have 15 round championship fights. If that fight were 12 rounds in this day and age, Mr. Marciano would never have become champ. It is my humble opinion that because Rocky had "The Record" that still to this day has not been broken, he deserves to be rated the greatest of all time.

Sorry Muhammad Ali. Sorry Joe Louis. Sorry Mike Tyson. And sorry Larry Holmes. I love you guys but... You can say whatever you want about this man, Marciano. His competition wasn't as good, he got lucky with some opponents or what have you... The fact remains he was the only heavyweight champ that has never been beaten and 49 fights was a pretty lengthy fight career. Yes, I think he should have went for the golden 50!!!

Rocky vs Ali?! I think the fight would actually be somewhat of a cross between Ali-Frazier 1 and the Marciano-Ali computer fight. Ali would take the early rounds. "The Greatest" would be leading about half-way through the fight but not by a lot. Rocky would slowly catch up and take over late as the vicious body shots will start taking their toll. He would be battering Ali by the championship rounds which would be a bit similar to the 11th round of the 1st Frazier fight. He'd win by a close decision or late TKO. He wouldn't put Muhammad down for a ten-count, though.
            Last edited by Mintcar923; 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention last names of boxers...

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
              Sorry Muhammad Ali. Sorry Joe Louis. Sorry Mike Tyson. And sorry Larry Holmes. I love you guys but... You can say whatever you want about this man, Marciano. His competition wasn't as good, he got lucky with some opponents or what have you... The fact remains he was the only heavyweight champ that has never been beaten and 49 fights was a pretty lengthy fight career. Yes, I think he should have went for the golden 50!!!
              That may work for you, but all four of those men would've run right through Rocky's resume. So would Frazier, Foreman, Lewis and any number of the other great heavyweights

Holmes was 48-0, one win shy of Marciano before losing to Michael Spinks, then went on fighting. Did you know this? Would Holmes be a better fighter to you if he had retired at 48-0?

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                That may work for you, but all four of those men would've run right through Rocky's resume. So would Frazier, Foreman, Lewis and any number of the other great heavyweights

Holmes was 48-0, one win shy of Marciano before losing to Michael Spinks, then went on fighting. Did you know this? Would Holmes be a better fighter to you if he had retired at 48-0?
                I give Larry Holmes all the credit in the world for going for 48 fights without losing. Larry's era was not super-strong but it wasn't weak either. Why he is so underrated by many I'll never know? I'm not saying Rocky Marciano was perfect but as I've said he was the only heavyweight champ to go 49-0. With that and his longevity I think he deserves to be ranked #1. Furthermore, you cannot say for certain that the other greats would do as well as him should they have been in his era. It never happened.

Comment

Working...
                X