Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander vs Huck Ready To Go, Marco Signs The Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alexander vs Huck Ready To Go, Marco Signs The Contract

WBO cruiserweight champion Marco Huck (34-1, 25KOs) is more than serious about his move to the heavyweight division. The German star signed a contract on Friday to face WBA "regular" champion Alexander Povetkin (23-0, 16KOs), who also agreed, on February 25th at Porsche-Arena in Stuttgart, Germany. Huck invaded the post-fight press conference to Povetkin's knockout victory over Cedric Boswell and challenged him before the press.

[Click Here To Read More]

Marco is wise to not vacate his WBO title.

He'll likely lose to Povetkin, but he would stand a good chance of beating anyone at cruiserweight.

Comment

I still think that Huck should have arranged a few HW fights before his fight with Povetkin but he's doing this fight directly in case he loses just so he won't lose his CW belt. He's not that good IMO and I think Povetkin will KO him. Even Lebedev completely dominated him although they gave him a great robbery in Germany.

Comment

Povetkin has been inconsistent throughout his career so it's difficult to pick him to win any fight with 100% confidence.

That being said, if he is worth half a ****, he will take care of Huck quite easily.

Huck is a crude boxer who uses his physical strength to impose his will on weaker fighters. He gets away with fouling when he is the marquee attraction and he lets his temper get the best of him in the ring.

A skilled boxer like Povetkin should be able to pick him off easily, and considering Povetkin is the Heavyweight it's hard to imagine Marco being able to push him around and maul him.

In the end it's just sad that Marco Huck would actually get to call himself "Champion" for wearing what should be Wladimir Klitschko's belt.

Comment

I would not be surprised if Huck wins by corrupt decision in case he manages to be still on his feet after 12 rounds and does not get beaten up terribly in the process. Sauerland does not really need Povetkin, a 'German' HW 'champ' would be much more lucrative.

Comment

could backfire for Sauerland if Povetkin beats Huck.

Dunno how many fights are left for Pove in his slave contrac with SE.

Comment

If the fight is in Germany, Povetkin would be wise to knock Huck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                If the fight is in Germany, Povetkin would be wise to knock Huck out.
                thats not the problem, Pove has had most of his fights in Germany, promoted by the same people who promote Huck. Hes a Sauerland fighter as well as Huck.

but I see your point, Huck is the "German", attracts more viewers on ARD, German tv channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Stray Dog View Post
                  thats not the problem, Pove has had most of his fights in Germany, promoted by the same people who promote Huck. Hes a Sauerland fighter as well as Huck.

but I see your point, Huck is the "German", attracts more viewers on ARD, German tv channel.
                  You're right, I know they're both Sauerland fighters and Povetkin should currently be the bigger moneymaker in their roster. Looks like the jugdes are going to be fair at least.

Comment

CW RING title

Huck is rated #1 @ CW by RING. Yoan Pablo Hernandez is rated #2 and on Feb. 4th is scheduled to fight Steve Cunningham who is rated #3. Be interesting to see if RING drops Huck from its CW ratings since he is campaigning at HW and thus make Hernandez-Cunningham for the RING title.

Comment

Working...
                    X